• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

page cannot be displayed when i click a home button

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends...Greetings to one and all.

I've created a chm file using RH2006. I want to display my first topic (default topic), when i click a home button that i've included, but it says page cannot be displayed.

1. I've included the default topic in my single source layout properties.
2. In the windows properties, i ticked the home button.
3. Under Advanced window properites>Destination Tab, i tried several ways to define the path of my htm file in the "Home field".

should i give the full path or just the project name\topic.htm

My full path is: D:\Comprehensive Help\Studio\Welcome.htm

I browsed some of the topics in this forum, but unable to solve this....

Pls help me...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've added a custom button to the CHM? If so, you have used a path that does not take into account the location of the CHM. The CHM can be located on a end user's PC who may not have a D: drive. All you need to specify is Comprehensive Help\Studio\Welcome.htm if the project is called Comprehensive Help and the Welcome.htm is in a folder called Studio. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply...Under "Advanced Window properties>destination", i just mentioned the topic filename.htm in both the fields (Default and home) and it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi grks

All you need to insert into the field for the button is the path inside the CHM to the page. If the page is named "Welcome.htm" and sits in the root (HTML Files (Topics)) folder, you just type Welcome.htm. If you have the page inside a folder, as in "SomeFolder/Welcome.htm", you type the folder name followed by a slash, then Welcome.htm. Or if inside a sub sub folder, SomeFolder/SomeOtherFolder/Welcome.htm.

Hopefully you get the picture.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oops, looks like you sorted it while I was typing my reply.

Good on ya!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp