• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 13 Not working!

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated flash player 13 on mac yesterday and now it crashes with every site and or application! WTF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATTENTION MAC CUSTOMERS - Flash Player 13 "Plugin Failure" Workaround

Stay away from 13 for a bit. The need to work out a bug or two for Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I UN-install Version 13 now that it's causing such trouble?

I have a Mac on OS 10.8.5.

Safari 6.1.3

Installed Flash Player 13 when the NPR site told me I had to have the latest Flash Player to listen to a story.

Nothing changed. Still prompts me to install.

Went to the SNL page to watch a video, got prompted again. Installed it again.

Still get prompts to install.

Video and audio won't play now.

Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pixvince,

You can uninstall using the Flash Player Install Manager in /Applications/Utilities.  However, the crash that is referenced to in the first post was fixed shortly after that release, back in April.  If you're seeing crashes with the latest release (13.0.0.214), it could be something else.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of tonight, the same problem exists. I have installed Flash V 13 but the latest version of Safari still spits up warning messages that I must download the latest Flash Player on sites like NPR and Saturday Night Live.

But I already have downloaded and installed the latest version.

I rechecked both sites just now.

Both fail to play the audio or video desired.

I don't consider this a "crash" of Flash.

Instead, the computer does not appear to be recognizing that the latest version has been installed at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi pixvince,

As you indicate, the the behaviour you metion is not a crash, as such, adding to a thread about Flash Player crashing confuses matters.  In the future, please create a new thread for your issue (unless a recent thread for the same issue already exists).  It's most helpful for everyone.

I'll need some information from you to further troubleshoot the issue.  Please do the following:

• Go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the 'Check Now' widget.  Take a screenshot of the results, including the widget and the system information, post the screenshot with the results.
  • Post the list of Flash Player files located at: /Library/Internet Plug-ins
  • Post the contents of the Flash Player install log file located at /Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log.
    • This may be a large file file, so the contents at the end of the file, logging the installs/uninstalls close to when you started experiencing the issue should suffice.

Do you have the latest video and sound card drivers installed?  Sometimes issues are caused by older drivers.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines