• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't complete adobe flash player download, due to safari still being open?

May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is i can't get past the 50% installation mark. The download won't go any further due to the fact that my safari browser is active "open" however i have closed down safari in due course yet a warning message says i need to close this browser to continue. I'm unsure on why this is an issue?

Any indication on how to progress so i can successfully down this  adobe flash player for youtube would be much appreciated.

I am using  an Apple mac Pro, and have the latest iOS technology, and i've checked my compatibility with adobe and it's fine.

thankyou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

If you're just closing the browser window, Safari is still open.  You can tell by a little high-light in front of the browser icon on the dock.  Open Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app). In the upper right, select to view 'Active Processes'.  If Safari (or 'Safari Web Content') is listed Safari is still open. Select the item and click 'Quit Process' in the upper left.

Also, I deleted your other, duplicate, thread.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines