Exit

Premiere Pro CC not queuing exports into Media Encoder CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to make this simple...

standard export from PP CC to ME CC

File -> export -> media, then hit queue.

Media encoder opens and just sits there. Left it for hours to see if anything would ever happen, and nothing ever did.

I've restarted the programs and machine dozens of times and that does nothing.

I can still export from PP CC.

I have no CS6 products left on my box.

I also tried to open the project from Media Encoder and load the sequence that way with no luck.

Thanks for the help!

On a Mac Pro

Premiere version 7.0.1

Media Encoder version 7.0.1.58

Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams Member (so it's licenced and updated to the fullest)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Please try opening AME and in the preferences, turn off "Enable native Premiere Pro sequence import". Then try to queue your project. Please let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same exact problem; media encoder opens and sits idle, not adding any sequences I queue to it.

Incredibly annoying! Killing my workflow.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Que is very convenient but, does AME allow you to Add/Drag/Drop the PP project into/onto it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried dragging my sequence from APP to AME, as well as 'File' > 'Add Premiere Pro Sequence', but neither work. AME stays idle only displaying the "not currently encoding" text in the middle of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lidlbishop wrote:

I tried dragging my sequence from APP to AME, as well as 'File' > 'Add Premiere Pro Sequence', but neither work. AME stays idle only displaying the "not currently encoding" text in the middle of the window.

I hate this for you, as the AME Que allows one to keep editing while rendering. (I just tried and all methods are working for me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly Evolution,

I need to be able to export and edit at the same time at work. There was not any specific event that I can think of that caused this to start happening. It just started about two weeks ago, and I even installed the latest updates two days ago to no avail. My next step is to uninstall and re-install... I did find on another forum that holding 'shift' upon starting up AME fixed the problem for some, but not when I tried.

Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Had this before and was able to get around it by going to AME - Preferences - Media - Media Cache Databases - Clean.

But I just tried that, and even manually dumped files in that Common folder and still having issues.

Any Adobe staffers wanna chime in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem.  Sequence exports from premiere fine but when I export to encoder, encoder opens and sits idle.

Anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try opening AME and in the preferences, turn off "Enable native Premiere Pro sequence import". Then try to queue your project. Please let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That SOLVED it, thanks! BTW, the checkbox is called Premiere Pro - "Import Sequences natively" on our system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking "Import sequences natively" did NOT work for me either.  I stumbled on something that did work for me.  It was something rforgaard said about a small corrupted file in the Premiere Pro file.  I did a "save as..." and saved a copy of the PP file.  I had two audio tracks: "original" which was muted, and "edited" which was the original that was edited by a third part program then reimported.  I deleted the original audio track keeping the edited (equalized) track.  That worked.  Sending to the queue usually works for me ~ 90% of the time.  When it doesn't, I usually just export.

EDIT:  I just read Phil's post (#17):  "I selected the audio and right clicked then "Render and Replace" then it would export to AME with no issue."

I re-opened my original PP file, selected only the "Original" audio clips in track 1, "Render and Replace" and it DID export to AME fine.  Sounds like for a few of us it is the audio track that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who have input on this and it sounds like one of Adobe's trending new issues, nothing I tried worked with AME......doubtful we'll get any staff assistance on this at all.  Tried calling, 25 minutes wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this idea, I just don't see that option under Preferences anywhere?  Do you think they changed the name of this option?

AME for me is rendering about halfway then "Failed" each time.  Tried a simple file too with no change.  Crazy how these updates are now throwing everyone into such an inefficient state.  Adobe really needs to be more on this, so many hours spent with trying to fix this junk, it's unbelievable.

I tried emptying cache and will see if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this same problem, then realized that the queue window was turned off.

Go to windows and turn the queue back on, or just "reset workspace" back to default. all my sequences that I thought weren't loading were all there, ready to go.

its just confusing because when the queue widow is off there is no clear indication that that even happened. just seems like nothing is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what happened to me. The window was turned off for some reason. "Reset workspace" fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dv416 Said: <Go to windows and turn the queue back on, or just "reset workspace" back to default. all my sequences that I thought weren't loading were all there, ready to go.>

Thank you dv416, A simple answer is sometimes the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,

For me, AME is not opening at all.  Every time I go to Export > Queue, it tries to open AME but I get an error message and AME just won't open.  I am using Premiere Pro CS6 on Windows 7 on a PC.

AME won't even open by itself.  I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling all of CS6.  Problem persists.

Regular Export works, but the Queue option and AME isleft just wont work/open.

What can I do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I am trying to render queue a small sequence inside of a larger timeline and it freezes... making Premiere crash. The timeline is long with a few fx, but Premiere shouldn't have a problem with 1h 45m video.

I have tried with smaller timelines and exported the full timeline and it worked... what is going on?

Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you're hitting a problem more akin to the one discussed in the following thread: Re: Premiere CC 7.2.2 crashes when trying to export via Media Encoder

The OP in this thread did not report a hang or crash, only that the exported job never showed up in AME's Queue, whereas you refer specifically to Premiere crashing. (I'm curious whether Premiere is actually crashing, where you either get a crash message or the program simple disappears, or a hang where PPro becomes unresponsive but does not crash. But please elaborate on that in the other thread.)

What exactly do you mean when you say you're exporting "a small sequence inside a larger timeline." Not to be pedantic, but generally "sequence" and "timeline" refer to the same thing, although I prefer to reserve "timeline" for the panel and "sequence" for an edited collection of clips. I gather you're referring to an In/Out range within a sequence.

Exactly what version of Premiere Pro and AME are you running? 7.2.2? 8.0.1? ...

Have you tried disabling the option in AME Preferences "Import Sequences Natively"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

I've got the same issue

When I try to import from File->Add Premiere Pro Sequence... instead of Dynamic Link window I get a standard finder window, as shown below:

Schermata 2014-12-02 alle 15.55.03.png

"Open" does not open anything, the window closes and nothing happens.

I have tried to disable Preferences->Import sequences natively...

Schermata 2014-12-02 alle 16.04.43.png

As expected I get back Dynamic Link Error: Connection impossible.

I gave a try with Queue from Export media window directly within Premiere, but I get 'Adobe Media Encoder not installed' error...

Schermata 2014-12-02 alle 16.14.13.png

I do not have any update alert, so they should be the last releases. Recently I got serious problems with this version of PP, so I am pretty annoyed and disappointed.

Anyway this is my setting.

MacBook Pro2012

OSX 10.8.5

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AME 7.2.2.29 (64bit)

PP CC Release 2014.1, 8.0.1 (81) Build, Caravan

Thank you,

Matteo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matteo,

This wil never work as PPro 8.x can't send jobs to AME 7.x. You will need to install AME 8.x and use that version. I would also recommend upgrading your Premiere installation to 8.1 which is the latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged in only to say that Disabling the option in AME Preferences "Import Sequences Natively" fixed my issue as others have suggested.  My versions were all updated to 8.1(PPCC) and build 8.2(AME). This saved me a lot of time.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same problem, and I figured out the solution in my case.  I know the original problem report is ancient, but there are recent replies, so I am adding my solution here.  I spent untold hours figuring this out, so hopefully this will save someone else some time.

There can be other causes to this problem, I'm sure.  I'm just telling you about what fixed this problem for me.

Just to clarify, here is the symptom: Running Windows 8.1.  Standard export from Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 to Media Encoder CC 2014.2, using File -> Export -> click Queue.  Media Encoder opens and just sits there.  Premiere Pro is hung and has to be forcibly terminated.

I spent countless hours on this.  I thought I had messed up my computer's configuration somehow, so (believe it or not) I re-installed Windows on a freshly formatted hard disk, re-installed Creative Suite, same problem.  (I can't believe I wasted all that time; I feel like a dummy.)

I finally narrowed it down to a very simple test case with a very tiny one-clip sequence that is less than one second long.  Same problem.

It turned out to be a problem in the Premiere Pro project file itself.  I suspect that a small file corruption somehow snuck into the project file, that was completely invisible.  In that clip in my project, if I removed the "Vocal Enhancer" effect, the problem with exporting to Media Encoder went away.  If I then re-added the very same "Vocal Enhancer" effect, the problem was still gone.  It must be some small corruption in the ".prproj" file that went away when I removed the "Vocal Enhancer" effect and re-added it again.

NOTE: I DON'T think that there is some kind of bug with the "Vocal Enhancer" effect.  I don't think this problem has anything to do with "Vocal Enhancer" per se.  It is just some kind of small generic corruption in the project file.  When Premiere Pro tries to export that sequence to Media Encoder, the problem occurs.  It was just a coincidence in my case that removing and re-adding the "Vocal Enhancer" effect made the problem go away.

BOTTOM LINE: If you find that you have this bug where Premiere Pro hangs when exporting to the Media Encoder queue, try the following: Create a brand new project with a single clip in it, and export it to the Media Encoder queue.  If that works, you know that it is not a problem with Premiere Pro in general; it's a problem in your specific project file.  Once you've made this determination, make a copy of your original project file, and remove clips from the project until the problem goes away.  Keep narrowing it down until you find the clip(s) that are the issue.  Then, try removing and re-adding any effects on those clips, or even removing and re-adding the clips themselves, to fix the problem.  Eventually, by removing and re-adding a specific effect or clip to your project, the problem will vanish (hopefully).  It's just a matter of narrowing down which half of your project the problem occurs in, then which half of that half, etc., until you have it narrowed down to one clip or group of clips that need to be removed and re-added.

Having said all this, it is a bug that ideally should be fixed so someone else doesn't spend untold hours trying to figure out the problem.  To that end, I create a tiny ZIP file that just has project file and the single media clip needed to reproduce the problem, along with a small description "READ ME.txt" file that explains the very simple steps to reproduce the problem.  I have submitted this as a bug report to Adobe using their official online bug report form at www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform along with a link to the ZIP file so they can download and reproduce the problem.

If anyone else is curious about reproducing this same bug, you can also download the small ZIP file if you want to.  I guarantee it doesn't have any viruses or anything - it's just two small files to reproduce the problem.  To download the ZIP file containing that project file, media file, and "READ ME.txt" file, you can get it at www.forgaard.com/files/PremiereProBug.zip.

I hope this saves someone some time.  This one sucked up a zillion hours of me chasing apparitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rforgaard wrote:

I had this exact same problem, and I figured out the solution in my case.  I know the original problem report is ancient, but there are recent replies, so I am adding my solution here.  I spent untold hours figuring this out, so hopefully this will save someone else some time.

There can be other causes to this problem, I'm sure.  I'm just telling you about what fixed this problem for me.

Just to clarify, here is the symptom: Running Windows 8.1.  Standard export from Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 to Media Encoder CC 2014.2, using File -> Export -> click Queue.  Media Encoder opens and just sits there.  Premiere Pro is hung and has to be forcibly terminated.

I spent countless hours on this.  I thought I had messed up my computer's configuration somehow, so (believe it or not) I re-installed Windows on a freshly formatted hard disk, re-installed Creative Suite, same problem.  (I can't believe I wasted all that time; I feel like a dummy.)

I finally narrowed it down to a very simple test case with a very tiny one-clip sequence that is less than one second long.  Same problem.

It turned out to be a problem in the Premiere Pro project file itself.  I suspect that a small file corruption somehow snuck into the project file, that was completely invisible.  In that clip in my project, if I removed the "Vocal Enhancer" effect, the problem with exporting to Media Encoder went away.  If I then re-added the very same "Vocal Enhancer" effect, the problem was still gone.  It must be some small corruption in the ".prproj" file that went away when I removed the "Vocal Enhancer" effect and re-added it again.

NOTE: I DON'T think that there is some kind of bug with the "Vocal Enhancer" effect.  I don't think this problem has anything to do with "Vocal Enhancer" per se.  It is just some kind of small generic corruption in the project file.  When Premiere Pro tries to export that sequence to Media Encoder, the problem occurs.  It was just a coincidence in my case that removing and re-adding the "Vocal Enhancer" effect made the problem go away.

BOTTOM LINE: If you find that you have this bug where Premiere Pro hangs when exporting to the Media Encoder queue, try the following: Create a brand new project with a single clip in it, and export it to the Media Encoder queue.  If that works, you know that it is not a problem with Premiere Pro in general; it's a problem in your specific project file.  Once you've made this determination, make a copy of your original project file, and remove clips from the project until the problem goes away.  Keep narrowing it down until you find the clip(s) that are the issue.  Then, try removing and re-adding any effects on those clips, or even removing and re-adding the clips themselves, to fix the problem.  Eventually, by removing and re-adding a specific effect or clip to your project, the problem will vanish (hopefully).  It's just a matter of narrowing down which half of your project the problem occurs in, then which half of that half, etc., until you have it narrowed down to one clip or group of clips that need to be removed and re-added.

Having said all this, it is a bug that ideally should be fixed so someone else doesn't spend untold hours trying to figure out the problem.  To that end, I create a tiny ZIP file that just has project file and the single media clip needed to reproduce the problem, along with a small description "READ ME.txt" file that explains the very simple steps to reproduce the problem.  I have submitted this as a bug report to Adobe using their official online bug report form at www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform along with a link to the ZIP file so they can download and reproduce the problem.

If anyone else is curious about reproducing this same bug, you can also download the small ZIP file if you want to.  I guarantee it doesn't have any viruses or anything - it's just two small files to reproduce the problem.  To download the ZIP file containing that project file, media file, and "READ ME.txt" file, you can get it at www.forgaard.com/files/PremiereProBug.zip.

I hope this saves someone some time.  This one sucked up a zillion hours of me chasing apparitions.

I was having a problem with exporting a sequence to AME.  PPro would freeze and I would have to force the program to close.  This was on a project where I was just running out a bunch of interview clips for the director to look at.  One of them had a audio effect (DeHummer) on it, and it was the one that was giving me troubles.  I selected the audio and right clicked then "Render and Replace" then it would export to AME with no issue.  Thank you for your well written response to this thread.  While it may not have fixed the OP's issue, it did help with mine....

Thanks,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here, has been going on for months. "Import sequences natively" checkbox did not solve the problem for me…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines