• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a problem with FP 13 in that a Council website with a regional map viewer will not now open.

New Here ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with FP 13 in that a Council website with a regional map viewer will not now open.  The site was designed around FP 10 and the link they have to download FP 10 nowalso directs to FP 13.  I followed the "How to revert to FP 11.7 (Chris Campbell Oct 2013)  along with the uninstall instructions link and now have both zip FP 10.3 and zip 11.7 in my downloads.  I attempted to run FP 11.7, the "winax" file for IE after unzipping it but I am blocked bya window that says I cannot do this and must install FP 13.  The only choice in this window, other than downloading is QUIT.  What is the best approach now.  The website is Auckland Council and the window concerned is "GIS Viewer".   neither Chrome or IE will open it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to temporarily disconnect from the Internet when installing an old FP version.

That website you are having problems with, is it public, and can you provide a link to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this started occurring with the latest 13.0.0.214 release, you could be running into the following problem with the actionscript code on this site:

navigateToURL and custom header change

As for reverting back to a previous version, make sure you run the stand alone uninstaller and you might also need to download a previous build (our last 11.7 release for example) from the Archive page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Good point about disconnecting. Will try this.

The site is http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/ problem is with the GIS viewer.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it this: http://maps.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/aucklandcouncilviewer/ ?

I have no problem viewing this with Flash Player 13.0.0.214 in any browser:

GIS_viewer.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link is correct Pat. Tried gain with internet off with same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In order to install a previous version, you must first use the standalone uninstaller to remove the more recent version.   You'll then be able to install the previous version.  You can download the latest uninstallers at the following location:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria, I had already done the uninstaller download and when I tried to use it I got the following message – The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you’re running. check etc if x86 32 bit or x64 64bit is required etc.

My computer is using a Windows 64 bit system. Is there options I missed when downloading from the link?

I uninstalled via the Control Panel – Programs and Features and did the 4 listed checks – all cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 34wiki,

There is only one uninstaller for Windows that will uninstall both 32- and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player. At one point there were two separate installers (one for 32-bit OS and another for 64-bit OS), but that has not been the case for a long time. Based on the error, it's possible you may using an older version of the uninstaller (to find out the version of the uninstaller, right-click on the file, select properties, then the 'details' tab).  The latest version is always posted to this link, and will work on both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.  If you get the same error using this uninstaller, please post the contents at the end of the FlashInstall.log file, that show the uninstall attempt.  Since you have a 64-bit OS, there will be two files at the following locations:

32-bit: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

64-bit: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need to install an old Flash Player version; did you see my post no. 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen your post 5 and I am now attempting to download and install latest fp 13.0. 214 and will report back.  Downloading seems hard at the moment - maybe too much traffic but will keep trying.  WD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,I have successfully downloaded FP13 for ActiveX into IE and it is enabled.  I have done a fresh install of Chrome and checked that FP 13 is enabled.  I have also installed Firefox and downloaded FP for Firefox and checked that it is enabled.  However, none of the three will open the GIS viewer - I just get a grey screen.  It would seem that something else is missing but at this point I am at a loss to think what it might be.  Thanks for the help from the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more possibility: an outdated graphics driver - see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The driver would appear to be a factor as I now have access on IE after checking the graphics driver.  It is trying to on Chrome and Firefox and I will make sure that FP is activated.  I think we have enough to work on now.  Thanks for your assistance.  Wally Davison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines