• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Favourite" scripts disappear on restarting FrameMaker 11

May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using FrameMaker 11 on a Windows 7 laptop.

The script catalog is a very handy way to easily access common scripts. However, the "favourites" section does not retain newly added scripts once the program is restarted.

Here is my workflow:

Open FM, open script catalog, add multiple scripts to "favourites," run any script, close FM, reopen FM, none of the scripts remain

If I do not run any of the scripts, they remain there the next time I open FM. However, running any script will remove all of them from the favourites section.

I've noticed that the scripts do remain in File -> Script -> History.

Is there any way to avoid this? It is very inconvenient to manually add the scripts back into the favourites section every time.

Thanks,

Trevor

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Trevor,

I would assemble the scripts in a menu, so that you do not need the Scripts Catalog at all. In my view, the Catalog GUI is poorly designed and apparently does not work as it should. You could use a text file with references to the scripts, have a script in the FM startup directory read that file and add the scripts to the menu. If you need something like the, drop me a line and I will make you a reasonable offer.

Ciao

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

I would assemble the scripts in a menu, so that you do not need the Scripts Catalog at all. In my view, the Catalog GUI is poorly designed and apparently does not work as it should. You could use a text file with references to the scripts, have a script in the FM startup directory read that file and add the scripts to the menu. If you need something like the, drop me a line and I will make you a reasonable offer.

Ciao

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor,

I agree with Jang. Unless I'm wildly confused about the Catalog pod, it doesn't work right.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines