Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Captivate simulations not working correctly in Presenter

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for a fix for what appears to be a bug with importing interactive Captivate 2.0.0 (build 1177, originally a trial verson) files into Presenter 6.0.432 (in PowerPoint 2000 SP-3 9.0.8952 on a Windows XP computer).

The course works fine when I publish the Presenter file to My Computer, but doesn't work correctly when I publish to Adobe Connect (hosted version). What happens is that the interactive Captivate simulations are already done. (It seems like Presenter is somehow completing the simulations before the end user gets to those slides.)

Each course I've created is approximately 40 slides in length with approximately eight Captivate demonstrations and eight Captivate simulations spread out through the course. (A few slides of content with voiceover, then a slide with a Captivate demonstration, then a slide with a Captivate simulation slide, etc. etc.)

Captivate Project Preferences are set to:

Advanced project compression
508 compliance
Compress compiled SWF file
Publish Adobe Connect Enterprise metadata

Captivate Publish settings are:

(unchecked) Export HTML
Flash Player 7

I tried switching the Flash Version to Flash Player 8, but it didn't help at all, and instead caused an additional problem which was that the text entry part of the interactive simulations stopped working altogether.

I'm inclined to think this is a problem with the Connect server (since the course runs fine when published to My Computer, just not when published to Adobe Connect), but suppose it could be a Captivate or Presenter issue. In any case, I'm open to whatever gets it fixed.

Thanks,
Ruth
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruth,

I think you will need to update Captivate.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=fd02df08&sliceId=2

Regards,
Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Art,

I tried it, but it didn't help.

Given TechNote #46b77621 (recommending people link to Captivate files rather than embed them in Presenter), and the problems I'm having, I'm starting to wonder if this is a known problem.

If it is, it's a big one, as a major selling point of Presenter has been that you can embed Captivate files within the slides. Linking out to them would be a different experience for the end-user (and not as nice).

Another problem is that the TechNote says text entries won't work in Captivate files embedded in Presenter (I have had some inconsistent issues with this). Serious feature problem if it's true. (As I'm sure you know, it's a very common aspect of computer training courses, which is what many people are using Presenter/Captivate for.)

Hopefully this all gets sorted out sooner rather than later. (Or you never know, perhaps, hopefully, there's just something I'm missing. :))

Thanks,
Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources