• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I setup or create A4 booklet brochure ?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am new here and I have a project for designing 8-pages A4 booklet brochure (like a book) in Adobe InDesign CC and Adobe Illustrator CS6?

How do I setup for A4 booklet brochure? Please provide step by step guide or any videos?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

In your new document dialog, set your page size for A4; facing pages. Add as much bleed as your printer calls for. Do the layout in reader spreads; if it's being sent out for printing, the printer will rearrange the pages for printing. If you are printing it in-house on the office printer, InDesign has (and some printer drivers have) a booklet-printing dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your new document dialog, set your page size for A4; facing pages. Add as much bleed as your printer calls for. Do the layout in reader spreads; if it's being sent out for printing, the printer will rearrange the pages for printing. If you are printing it in-house on the office printer, InDesign has (and some printer drivers have) a booklet-printing dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I don't need print in-house but I need to know how to setup / create A4 booklet brochure? So I will send final formats to my client. Actually, I am new freelance graphics design and this is my first project for designing a brochure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it up as a facing-pages document with 8 A4 pages. 3 or 4 mm bleed. When the job is done, you should send your client a PDF output according to their printer's specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

One more thing what is the flat size for A4? How do I know that the flat size is 420mm x 297mm from A4 (210mm x 297mm)? Please advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be laying out the pages as A4 (210 x 297 mm) and as facing pages. If you use double-size pages, it will just confuse things.

Your document will look something like this:   Lay out each spread exactly the way it will look to the reader.

Screen shot 2014-05-23 at 2.13.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines