• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to upgrade Flash Player in Windows 8.1 Pro

New Here ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 8.1 pro with IE 11 and the news video won't be able to play online. The error message is "Sorry, Clip not found...Media not found". It gives only an option to click 'OK' and the screen stays black. I am sure the video is OK, because I can run it on Windows 7.

I contacted Microsoft Support and they suggested I upgrade my flash player. My flash player version is 13.0.0.206 and the lasts is 13.0.0.214. I tried to upgrade and it says "Flash player is integrated in Windows 8" and no option to install it.

I also tried uninstall Flash player with Uninstall Flash Player tool but it did not uninstall Flash even though the message said 'uninstalled successfully'.

In brief, how do I correct 'Sorry, clip not found. Media not found' when I play online video? This is a news video, not movie or youtube and how do I upgrade Flash on Windows 8.1 with IE 11.

Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Texan,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x systems and you can only update Flash Player for IE by updating Internet Explorer.  Microsoft releases Internet Explorer updates whenever there is a Flash Player update (usually monthly).  To update your version of Internet Explorer go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Windows Update > Check for Updates.  Since you don't have the latest version of Flash Player, it should find the 'Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.1 (KB2957151)' released May 13, 2014.  Alternatively, the URL for this specific download is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2957151.

If you also have other non-IE browsers, you can install/update Flash Player by going to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer using the non-IE browser and the page will present you with the appropriate version for the OS and browser.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines