Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Robohelp 11.

May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a techie, and I am at a complete loss for what is happening.  I am trying to install a trial version of Adobe Robohelp 11.  I have tried installing it on a Windows 7 (64bit) and on Mac OS Mavericks.  On both OS's, i get to the point of the install where you click the Install Now button and then a pop-up comes up asking if you want to Cancel or Open.  I click Open...and nothing happens.  Again, I've tried it on two OSs and tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.  They all behave the same.  Any ideas what is happening?  I have very little hair left.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you might not have enough rights or the download is damaged. They usually recommend using FF to download it. If you still are stuck contact Adobe Support – install calls are usually a freebie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ll call them.  It's definitely not a rights issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Jeff offered, note that RoboHelp is NOT an application that works on a Mac. It's Windows specific.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm a dork.  I just realized it is Windows only.  I got the Windows version to install finally.  When I open it, it immediately closes.  I am an Adminstrator on my own system, but I've also set it to open as Administrator in shortcut properties and right click-Run As Administrator and it still closes.  Support just said to reinstall it which isn't very helpful since this is a fresh install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well...already spent 3 hours trying to get this POS to work.  Might as well uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a duplicate of Robohelp 11 Trial closes immediately when opened?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp