Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stopping auto run

Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I would like to publish my Captivate move and allow the user to advance one slide at a time. At this point I cannot get the auto run to stop. Is this function possible?

Thanks
Rich
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich

You could accomplish this by inserting a Button object on each slide. Just insert one on the first slide, position and configure it as needed, then copy it to the clipboard via Ctrl+C. Then select the remaining slides in the Film Strip and paste across all the selected slides.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick sould I eliminate the scroll bar then?
Thanks
Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you have confused me. Where are you seeing a scroll bar and how does that factor into what you asked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a scroll bar to the bottom of my movie just prior to publishing it.
Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Sorry. Maybe I'm having an off day. I still don't know what you mean by adding a Scroll bar. Are you possibly meaning to say that you added a Playback Control? If that's what you meant, I'm still a bit confused by what this would have to do with adding buttons to pause at each slide.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your correct. I used the wrong term. I was using the playback control to allow users to advance to the next frame (slide).
Sounds like this is not necessary if I use a button to move forward and backwards for my training movie.
Sorry for the confusion.
Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich

No problem. Heck, we are all new at some point, no?

Whether to use a playback control or not is totally up to you. However, I would tend to think that it's probably a bit of overkill if you want the Previous and Next buttons on each slide.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to rehash the question, however is there a way to stop the movie from auto starting? Allowing the viewer to hit the play button when they are ready to begin viewing.

Thanks for any help anyone can me

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Mike and welcome to our community

If you read through this thread, you will see your answer. Basically, you need to add either a Click Box or a button object to the first slide. This will pause it until your user clicks to allow it to proceed.

I believe in Flash, when you create the .SWF, you have an option to start the .SWF in a paused state. Although I've suggested this feature for Captivate, it does not have the same ability.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources