• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I open my Creative Cloud application it asks me for my serial number?

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are being prompted to enter your serial number when opening your actively subscribed Creative Cloud application then there maybe missing account information.  Please see Creative Cloud products prompt for serial number on launch | CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html for additional information.

In addition if you are facing difficulties reaching the activation server please see Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.  Also if you are managing a network please see the Adobe Creative Cloud Service Access Documentation for IT section of http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.html.

Finally for additional information on managing your Creative Cloud account please see Manage your membership | Creative Cloud - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/membership-subscription-troubleshooting-creative-c....

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A language conflict of your operating system and your CC licence could also cause problems. You could check that the apps default language setting in the application manager is international English before you start to download the new apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great point Kysysmys73 we do offer an English only subscription option in the EMEA region.  If you have purchased this subscription then please ensure that your language is set to International English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

...please ensure that your language is set to International English.

Thanks Kysmys73 for a solution for a very frustrating and time consuming error. I think it's a major fail from Adobe not to make clear these required language setting. Not upfront, when you order the Adobbe CC licenses, not when installing. Worse: other languages (like in our case 'Nederlands' - Dutch) are valid options in the menu. And finally not by giving an clueless error message after installing: 'this software will run in demo mode'.

Allthough it's nice Jeff A Wright gives kudo's to Kysmys73, the quoted answer is not correct and will again lead to frustration. It's NOT 'the' or 'your' language that should be set to International English. It is, as Kysmys73 points out, the App Language: setting in the Preferences of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop, or Adobe Application Manager. Choose the gear -> Preferences-> second tab which is called Apps.

So you don't have to change your OS language, just change the language setting in de Adobe CC download program. And make sure you do this BEFORE you download the other Adobe CC programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased my CC subscription in May 2012 through CDW as it was a non-profit license. I have upgraded and installed the newest CC app manager. When I go to license my Adobe CC products with the serials from my Volume License site the keys are not valid. I have chatted with Adobe support twice. I have called CDW more than three times. No one seems capable of resolving this issue. Appareanlty my account was established as a Team Ready and needs to be migrated to a Creative Cloud for Teams. How do I do this? I am totally helpless and spending WAY too much time on this issue...PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. The Adobe database seems to be in a right mess. I had a trial version in 2012 but didn't buy the product, this creates conflicts. It doesn't help that if a download fails the help desk suggests downloading via the trial page rather than cloud, Doing this conflicts with the cloud membership and exasperates the problems. Add to that the fact the support link for Lightroom take the user to the Muse support page .....and I am ready to scream in frustration. I spend an average of 6 hours a month resolving this and am seriously hacked off with it.. They seem to have a real problem with data hygiene and acknowledging that there are any issues to fix..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Int.des if you are being prompted to enter a serial number and you have a valid Creative Cloud Membership then please review the links offered in the original post.  This error occurs due to the computers inability to contact our activation server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that's weird because the lightroom is working fine, only the photoshop asking for serial number, i'm having the same problem here, little help guys pleasee =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work, now, thanks to this post here Ошибки при входе в систему, активации или подключении | CC, CS6, CS5.5 , and the chat support did this process here for me, the same time i was doing the procedures the chat started, and he can performed for me in the shared screen here!! Thanks the support chat of adobe! Thilak Raj was the guy that helped me !! Thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent hours trying to get help with this problem. I have followed all advice concerning verification of my account, adress etc but the problem persists. Adobe AppManager keeps asking for a serial number. No one at Adobe in Sweden or else where seems to be able to advice me on how to fix this extremely irritating problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carstenluhrs and Kenyongerbrandt please see the network configuration documentation in the original post.  If you are being prompted for a serial number then it is likely that your computer is not able to contact our activation server.  There should be no need to enter a serial number for software included within the subscription to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default my download was the swedish version, where as my subsciption is in english. Seting the language to english in appmanager solved the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that the problem is solved now. I had the same issue earlier and it's an easy fix if you just know what's the problem..:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree...My issue is almost solve...Well I was in a fis for it's serial number activations but now it is clera..Would like to much obliged...!!! <Web link removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much!  I contacted cs chat and got it all sorted out.

Very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed those steps and every thing is as it should be. I've finally made some contact with an Adobe rep at the reseller, but this issue is still not resolved. It appears that migration from Team Ready to CC for Teams is not as fluid and straightforward as thought. Is anyone else experiencing issues with this? Really bummed I can't even download LR5 at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no idea why I have been directed here, why is there no direct line to ring, this is taking up too much time. I have a subscription now its saying i don't and i can't open acrobat....bullshit of the highest order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collintoner are you being prompted for a serial number when you open your Creative Cloud applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

None of those trouble shoot techniques seemed to work for me. I have verified that all my information is correct and I have logged out and logged back in. I  am still being prompted to enter serial number. Its quite maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Photoshop CC2014 has stopped working" ad eternam.

I signed out from Creative Cloud, signed in again, opened Photoshop & it asks me for a serial no.! Creative Cloud does not work with serial nos.

I uninstalled it, reinstalled from Creative Cloud which now offers me a "Try" version of Photoshop!!!

Installed this anyway, but once again, Photoshop crashes instantly (even before I can click on "Continue trial"!)

I've spent too long bumping along Adobe's circular links with Adobe Inc. essentially a ghost town for customer relations.

Very frustrated & no choice but to look at other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got the job done, way after the deadline, using a non-Adobe product. Relieved but feeling cheated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC membership too. Of course, i was prompted for a serial number. I've tried everything that is in help, but the problem still exist. It's extremely annoying, many useless hours and... guess: yes, nothing. I do not know what else to do Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaylo,

Checked your account right now and found that the subscription is active from our end . Check the point 3 under Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues under the below mentioned Kb article.

Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later    

Cheers,

Kartikay Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fine now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having this same problem, and I have been through everything I can see on here that is relevant to me but nothing works. I followed point 3 under Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues, and I can see the 2 adobe logos but that didn't do anything I'm still asked for a serial number. This is starting to be a big problem, and I can see its been around for a long time, how has this not been solved and what do I do next????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines