Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 13 failed to register during installation for Windows 8

May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Windows 8 computer (3 weeks old).  While accessing Candy Crush I was prompted to install Flash Player.  I use Firefox as my browser.  During download I get the error message 'failed to register'.  I clicked "Done" anyway.  I can access Candy Crush but flash player stops working while downloading the game.  I can click "Continue" to access the game anyway and it loads .  But this is frustrating to do every time and I am afraid this could lead to problems down the road.

Today during my research I clicked a link to uninstall Flash Player.  Then tried reinstalling FB13 but received the same 'failed to register' message.  I then went to my Uninstall Programs on the computer and found out I had Flash Player 12!  So I am not sure why I was ever prompted to install Flash Player in the first place.  I deleted FB12 then tried installing Flash Player 13, again. Every time I reboot after installation, just in case.  But again, I get the same 'failed to register' during the download. 

Is there something else wrong with my new computer or is there a bug with Flash Player 13 (Firefox) causing my error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines