Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Social media code inside content holders

Contributor ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to integrate a Facebook Like button into the footer area of my website. I placed the button code that I got from the Facebook developers site into a file called "container.html" (located within the Default folder, inside the FacebookLike folder, inside the SociaMedia folder) on my website:

After placing the code into the file, I went into my content holder file and added the following code:

{module_facebooklike,moduleTemplateGroup="Default",language="en_US",url="{tag_itemurl_withhost}",layout="standard",showFaces="true",width="300",verb="like",font="",colorScheme="light",send=""}

When I viewed the file on the page though, I saw the above code snippet instead of the Facebook button.

When I tried adding the above code to a blog detail page though, the button rendered correctly. So can anyone tell me it's not possible to add social media code into content holders or if there is a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many levels did you go down in terms of modules in modules? There is a limit.

But It wont be that and what your trying to do would not work anyway.

How do you set the URL?

If you put a content holder into a blog layout with that module in a content holder... Even if that rendered it would not correctly render the like for that blog post, tags only render relevent to the specifc layout it belongs to, they do not render outside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply,

I don't actually want the Facebook like in the blog post. I only put it in there to test to see if it would work when it didn't work in the footer. As I said, it did work in the blog post but not the footer.

I set the url under site settings, social media integration. Also, the snippet below is what is contained in container.html:

<div class="fb-like" data-href="{tag_url}" data-width="500px" data-layout="box_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="false" data-share="true"></div>

In terms of how many levels of modules, I couldn't say. I'm really new to BC so I'm just learning. I've been trying to customise the template at the following url:

http://bc-church-us.businesscatalyst.com

If you look at the above link, you can see that in the bottom part of each page is a twitter link. It's in that section that I'm trying to insert the Facebook like button.

I'm not sure if you can help me further now having the above information or whether you need me to clarify anything.

Really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines