• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer my domain from other host to Bc?

New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have a problem. Before using the Creative Cloud and Business Catalyst I was registered on Squarespace and my domain name is still hosted by Squarespace.

As a CC subscriber I have five hosted websites included with Bc, so thats why I want to transfer my Squarespace hosted domain name to Bc.

The Squarespace support gave me a transfer code/ domain authorization code, that I should give to my new host (Bc) so that they can check if the domain name belongs to me.

Unfortunately nobody of the Bc support team can help me – they don't know about the transfer code and don't know what to do with it.

I already changed the server names in my domain registration options and I uploaded my Muse build website with Bc, so that its working now. However its still running with Squarespace.

Is it not possible to transfer the domain from other host directly to Bc? Maybe someone had a similar problem and could help me...

Meanwhile I'm really desperate.

Thanks!

Irina

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Robert, Squarespace is a similar product to BC but they also offer the domains.

If they are moving off Squarespace they will loose their site and domain, Hence why Irina is looking to transfer the domain

Like I said Irina, You need to find a new domain registra for where you are and one that your happy with the pricing etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC unlike squarespace does not also host domains, You will need to get a new domain registra.

Squarespace will have given the UDI code. Once you feel you like the cost of the domain with your preferred domain registra you can then enter that where they have that option to request and initiate the transfer into their account. You would then set it up and point it to BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Irina,

Were you not able to change the DNS at Squarespace? If this possible it is fairly simple. Contact Squarespace once again and ask them to change the DNS server names to

Nameserver 1: ns1.worldsecuresystems.com
Nameserver 2: ns2.worldsecuresystems.com
Nameserver 3: ns3.worldsecuresystems.com

Here are some examples http://docs.businesscatalyst.com/user-manual#!/site-settings/site-domains/redelegation-pointing-doma...

You should also be able to do it in your account settings...Butch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, Squarespace is a similar product to BC but they also offer the domains.

If they are moving off Squarespace they will loose their site and domain, Hence why Irina is looking to transfer the domain

Like I said Irina, You need to find a new domain registra for where you are and one that your happy with the pricing etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, I did not realize Squarespace was all or nothing! You would think that a registrar would allow re-delegation just to keep the proceeds coming in off of the URL. Thank you for your insight I learned something else today!… Butch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have offered the transfer ID code so the person can do that. No one charges to transfer or take on a domain.

Squarespace is not a hosting company, its a SAAS platform like BC - Quite a bit different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Liam… this is the right solution for me! So now I'm going to GoDaddy and can re-delegate my website to Bc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines