• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Always Show Selection

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my TOC to always highlight the topic that is currently displaying whether that topic was accessed directly from the TOC or not.
I have checked the 'Always show selection ' box in Single Source Layouts/Properties/Advanced/TOC Styles but it isn't working.
I do have a vague memory of needing to set something else as well but I can't remember what it is.

Does anyone know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Authorgirl

Yes, you need to edit the Window properties and enable the feature labeled "Auto synchronize". I think it's located in the lower left area labeled "Tripane options". I don't have RoboHelp available at the moment and am drawing from pure memory.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I thought too but when I double click on my window (I am just using the default one) the dialog that comes up isn't one I recognise and there is no 'Tri-pane Tabs and Windows' section like I was expecting.
I'm using version X5.0.2 - but I don't think it's a version issue as the help tells me to do this as well.
I'm really confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you do not have Microsoft HTML Help as your default single source layout. The available window options is controlled by this. Check this and change as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the assist, Colum! Saved me some typing! tee hee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right Colum as I see that the Window properties title is Window Properties (WebHelp Pro)!
But I work with 2 SSLs and they were definitely created as HTMLHelp. They both have the HTMLHelp icon in the Projects folder too. Am I looking at the right thing - I don't really know about this stuff as I only ever use HTMLHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are in the right place. If you right click over the HTML Help icon and select the "Set as Primary Layout" menu item and the words "Primary Layout" will magically move from WebHelp Pro to HTML Help.

Was the project created using a Webhelp Pro primary layout. This would explain the problem. You may have to create a new window to get access to the required options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, I'm sorted!

My SSLs were definitely set as HTML but I created a new window and deleted the one that was there then renamed the new one as the original and all my properties have come back.

I did originally create the project as HTML but I must have accidentally done something to get a webhelp window.

Anyway, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp