• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Editor

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML X5. In some cases the HTML editor is contracting words that have the proper spacing before the file is compiled. In the compiled version the words are pushed together into one word even though the spacing is correct in the uncompiled topic. Can anyone tell me if this is a bug, if there is a patch, or if I have neglected to configure some setting. The contracted words don't appear to follow any discernable pattern and only occur in 2-3% of the topics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the screen magnification set to? Try 100%. Post back if that is not it.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I have narrowed the issue down to the following:
Whenever I use sub text that is italized and I bold one word the next word gets connected. I have to add an additional space to separate the words but then the words appear with an extra space. I have tried messing around with the HTML but this doesn't seem to work. This might just be some wacky thing with the RoboHelp HTML editor that cannot be configured. If you have any suggestions let me know. My magnification is at 100 and it still occurs. Of course I have a work around by simply not using the subtext or not bolding anything in the subtext but I just thought I'd check to see if this is something I can fix for the whole project which is over 300 topics.

Here is an example as the text appears without the project being compiled, the compiled project and the accompanying HTML:

(Pre-compiled) Click the Create button from the Work Orders Details screen. The Summary tab screen will appear. (this second sentance is in italics in blue 10pt font - the first sentance is in black 12pt font)

(Compiled) Click the Create button from the Work Orders Details screen. The Summarytab screen will appear.(this second sentance is in italics in blue 10pt font - the first sentance is in black 12pt font)

The HTML looks like this:

Click the <span style="font-weight: bold;">Create</span>
button from the <span style="font-weight: bold;">Work Orders Details</span>
screen. <span style="font-style: italic;
font-size: 10pt;
color: #000080;">The </span><span style="font-style: italic;
color: #000080;
font-weight: bold;">Summary</span><span style="font-style: italic;
color: #000080;"> tab
screen will appear.</span></p></li>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me a screenshot? Your code works OK for me except there is no opening P tag or LI tag. All words have a space between them
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The span tags might be "absorbing" leading and trailing whitespace. Try moving the space to between the tags instead of inside one or the other.

For example, replace

<span style="font-style: italic; font-size: 10pt;
color: #000080;">The </span><span style="font-style: italic;
font-size: 10pt; color: #000080; font-weight: bold;">Summary</span>

with

color: #000080;">The</span> <span style="font-style: italic;
font-size: 10pt; color: #000080; font-weight: bold;">Summary</span>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Actually, now I look at your styles more closely, you might consider going to:

color: #000080;">The Summary</span>

or even:

<span class="myStyleName">The Summary</span>

and make a style sheet entry:

.myStyleName {
color: #000080;
font-size:10pt;
font-style: italic;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp