• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am running IE 11 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Service Pack 1. When I attempt to install Flash Player, it goes through all of the steps, tells me the player is installed, and welcomes me. I cannot open the player and it does not appear in the Start M

May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running IE 11 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Service Pack 1. When I attempt to install Flash Player, it goes through all of the steps, tells me the player is installed, and welcomes me. I cannot open the player and it does not appear in the Start Menu, Task Manager, System Tray, or anywhere else. When I try to open a file, the site tells me Flash player is not installed. I have even downloaded it to a separate folder and ran the install with IE shut down completely. And Shockwave in ENABLED but in 32 bit .I have been trying to get this to work for about 3 weeks now.  HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player is a browser add-on, not an executable program.

If you need to open a local SWF file you will need the standalone player (Projector) from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Note that the download is the player, not an installer, so you will need to make the file association manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines