• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

will not install

New Here ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rebuilt workstation with Windows 7 Pro 32Bit and I am attempting to install Flash Player and Reader. I can download them and click "Run" and the process starts the install but then errors out "Failed to launch program". I have tried to follow the help section and I still don't have this resolved. I am logged in as administrator, and I made sure the browser windows were closed. I need further assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on win7-64-pro. I am only trying to install the latest flash player in Admin mode, however it errors out at about the 60% point with Failure To Launch Application error. My event log indicates this is ID 866 software restriction policy error. "Access to C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Adobe\install_flash_player.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by location with policy rule {fb2} placed on path C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\*\*.exe."  After I click Finish, it pops up the firefox screen saying thanks for installing. However, when I go to version check, it still says I am running the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the solution. That was way too easy. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that worked like a champ, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines