• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Takes FOREVER to Open and Close

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large RoboHTML project that outputs to a WebHelp system. The version of RoboHelp is X 5, possibly a version after that, I think - but dated 2004. Two of us share this project, but we don't use Version Control. The size of the project is about 45 MB, and includes several subfolders of topic HTMs. My coworker has the same issues, possibly a bit faster than what I have, but still excessive Open and Close Project times.

It takes an extremely long time to open, like about 10 minutes or more. When I select to Close Project, the CPU Usage shown in Task Manager is up to 100 % and stays there, so the closing process is maxed out and frozen, and obviously isn't happy. Even when I close other applications, the project can take over 30 minutes to close - no error messages, just hourglassing. While I'm using the project, it doesn't max out. There have been times when, as much as I hated to do it, I had to do an End Task with Task Manager because the project wasn't closing (and I had to leave).

Also, note that the CPD file of this project is over 4 MB. I just was reading about deleting the CPD file, so I plan on doing that.

I'm not sure of any more details I can provide. While I'm working on the project, there are usually no freezes or response time problems. Just the extremely long Open Project time - and even longer Close Project time.

I would so appreciate any solutions or ideas. Thanks!!!

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I deleted the CPD file, and it opened a lot faster!! It also closed in a reasonable amount of time - however, I did not work in the project for a while before I closed it. So we'll see what happens when I close it at the end of the day.

So, the deletion of the CPD file may have solved the problem. However, if anyone wants to offer feedback on this possible solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Susan -

Glad to hear you fixed your problem! Since you asked for suggestions, there is one thing I thought I'd bring up...You mentioned that you share the project with a coworker. You aren't working on the project across a network, are you? You won't have to read posts on this forum for long to see that that's a bad thing.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Susan -

That problem and solution has been brought up in the past -but it's nice to see you figured it out on your own! Good work!

I see this is your first (and second) post here - WELCOME.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp