• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Plug-in Utility Not Installing on Eclipse

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Flash Builder 4.7 Plugin into Eclipse. I have downloaded Flash Builder Premium via Adobe's Creative Cloud. I have also installed Eclipse Indigo. I am running this all on Mac OSX.

According to a tutorial I found I needed to go into the Utilities folder found in the Flash Builder install and run the Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Plug-in Utility. It seemed to run fine. Afterwards you should be able to see "Flash Builder" in the help menu of Eclipse. However it is not there. You should also be able to set Flash Builder preferences under Window --> Preferences. Flash Builder is also not visible there.

According the the tutorial there should also be this file "fb-4_7-plugin-encoded.link" created in the "dropins" folder of Eclipse. This file is created. However it is blank.

I looked into the installation log and there was only one concerning message.

Move File: Destination: /Applications/eclipse/dropins/fb-4_7-plugin-encoded.link

Additional Notes: WARNING - There was a problem moving /Applications/eclipse/dropins/fb-4_7-plugin-encoded.link

I am unsure what this means the documentation seems to be pretty sparse. However, it seems to be the only problem in the entire installation process. Any ideas or suggestions on what could be causing this error would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Hey,

I actually did solve this.  Forgot to come back and answer.  Hopes this helps Stefano.

I went into dropins/fb-4_7-plugin-encoded.link and edited it to say the following:

path=C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

-- Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I actually did solve this.  Forgot to come back and answer.  Hopes this helps Stefano.

I went into dropins/fb-4_7-plugin-encoded.link and edited it to say the following:

path=C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... tried to do that but it does not resolve ... (obviously on macosx I edited path=/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah bummer.  I actually did it on Mac OSX too.  Just copied the post i got on SO.

Here is a link.  Maybe it will help you as well.

Installing Flash Builder 4.7 Plugin on Eclipse failing - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines