• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install ColdFusion 11 on same server as older versions

New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its possible to install multiple versions of CF on the same server.

However, is it possible to have multiple versions using IIS instead of the built-in CF web server?  If so, how do I set this up?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Say you have three sites in IIS viz, Site1, Site2 and Site3. Try the following as an example:-

1. Navigate to \ColdFusion11\cfusion\runtime\bin\ and launch wsconfig.exe. Select Site1 from the drop down list of IIS websites. Click OK
  2. Similarly, you can navigate to\ColdFusion8\runtime\bin\ and launch wsconfig.exe. Select Site2 from the drop down list of IIS websites. Click OK
  3. Navigate to \ColdFusion11\cfusion\runtime\bin\ and launch wsconfig.exe. Select Site3 from the drop down list of IIS websites. Cl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lunadesign,

I am not clear, by "multiple versions". If you are referring to running multiple websites in IIS, they can run on different ports like 80, 81, 82 and likewise. If you are referring to different versions of ColdFusion with different websites in IIS,  they can also run on different ports with different versions of CF.

lunadesign wrote:

I know its possible to install multiple versions of CF on the same server.

However, is it possible to have multiple versions using IIS instead of the built-in CF web server?  If so, how do I set this up?

Thanks in advance!

In case I missed something, please elaborate.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry....I should have been more clear.

I'd like to run CF 8 and CF 11 on the same server with some IIS sites using CF 8 and others using CF 11.  It sounds like this is possible, but how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes that is possible.

lunadesign wrote:

Sorry....I should have been more clear.

I'd like to run CF 8 and CF 11 on the same server with some IIS sites using CF 8 and others using CF 11.  It sounds like this is possible, but how?

You can create individual connectors to individual websites in IIS. The connectors can be from CF8 or CF11. The only thing needs to be considered is, same website should not be configured with CF8 and CF11. One site with only version of ColdFusion.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anit.  That sounds fine.....I wouldn't want to mix CF8 and CF11 on the same site.  How do I set up connectors on a per-site basis?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say you have three sites in IIS viz, Site1, Site2 and Site3. Try the following as an example:-

1. Navigate to \ColdFusion11\cfusion\runtime\bin\ and launch wsconfig.exe. Select Site1 from the drop down list of IIS websites. Click OK
  2. Similarly, you can navigate to\ColdFusion8\runtime\bin\ and launch wsconfig.exe. Select Site2 from the drop down list of IIS websites. Click OK
  3. Navigate to \ColdFusion11\cfusion\runtime\bin\ and launch wsconfig.exe. Select Site3 from the drop down list of IIS websites. Click OK

So now, you have Site1 and Site3 configured with ColdFusion 11 and Site2 configured with ColdFusion 8.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

I was able to use this information to successfully configure CF10 and CF 11 on the same server, with IIS as the web server.  However, when I log into cfadmin for either version, I am presented with this screen;

CFAdmin.JPG

When I select an item it, and other selected items, are displayed normally.  However, if I log out, and then log back in, I am again presented with this view.  I have tried removing web connectors for both installations, setting the server service for both to manual, rebooting the server, activating the server service (CF10 or CF11), and then creating the web connector for only the site to be served under that version of CF.  Even then, the situation persists.  Also, I do not even know if this would be problematic, should I move this server into production service.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

This happens due to corrupted connectors. Could you please remove and re-add the connectors?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

Thank you for the reply.  I tried this, using wsconfig, but still have the result.  Are there files I should also delete, to assure that I am removing all corrupt files?

Thanks,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

I have since read a little more, and determined that using wsconfig is removing the "..\wsconfig\#" folder (# = 1, 2, etc.).  However, after verifying that the number folder is being removed, rebooting the server, recreating the connector, and restarting the service, I still get the double opening screen.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scott,

Could you please contact us at cf.install@adobe.com to investigate further on this issue?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation