Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to transfer cs2

May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having tried and failed to transfer my daughter's cs2 licence from her XP PC to her newer windows 7 PC, I now want to try transferring it to XP on a separate partition on the newer PC.  Would someone please tell me how to do this for CS2, Elements and any other programs required to support CS2.  I know that XP must be installed prior to re-installing W7 on a separate partition on the newer PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikngill,

The activation server for CS2 products is  no longer available.

Please refer to below article.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

Please download and install the CS2 Products using the above link on the new machine.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Gautam for your reply.  One minor difficulty with the referenced article.

It says at one point "You can use the serial numbers provided as a part of the download only if you legitimately p[urchased CS2 . . .". 

It is not however clear by what means you actually prove the original purchase.  I know my daughter's CS2 is legitimate but she has almost certainly lost everything bar the activation code which can still be detected on the hard drive of her old PC.

Regards

Nik Halliday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It mentions that the serial number provided in the CS2 can be used only if you have purchased CS2, I understand your concern, this statement has been made to assure that CS2 link should be used by owners of CS2.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In plain English, Nik.  You are not required to prove anything.  It's on the honor system.

Just remember, the old serial number won't work.  You need the new program and the new serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What station_two said. It's one of the most bizarre things Adobe has done in recent years.

They decommissioned the CS2 activation server (OK no problem) and made a non-activation version available for download (OK good).

But the CS2 download is freely accessible by anyone at any time (?) and the new non-activation serial number is published on the web for anyone to use (?).

However Adobe says that only owners of a valid CS2 serial number may use the download and serial number (?).

Initially everyone thought CS2 was free for anyone but Adobe quashed that speculation but still left the download and serial number in place on a public website. No-one understands why.

It's an honour system which does not require anyone to prove CS2 ownership to make use of it.

But the official line is that CS2 is not free....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that  . .  my issue is that once the install gets to the end of disk 1, it says to "insert" disk 2..  The is only the files for disk 2, and 3, but it will not procedd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can also, download and install a virtual desktop, like from Oracle.  Then do a fresh install of Xp of the Virtiual Machine.  I've done it once but need to do it again on new Win8 device.  But install does not go to the next "downloaded" disk.  any one know how to get past that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines