• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WYSIWYG fixed page sizing

Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WYSIWYG editor in my web site. It is used to add content from a back end to the site it's self. I am wondering if there is a way to limit the width size in the page that shows the content. Right now if you just go and load up the editor, sometimes it will blow apart the layout. I am trying to make it so that if someone say, doesn't have any experiance with this type of atmosphere will not have this situation in their pages.

Is there any code to put into maybe the CFoutput tag or even in the html in the table code? Maybe even a java script. If so, what would it be. I have been experimenting in the HTML tags but that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you.

Phoenix
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can partially solve this problem by specifying WIDTH="800" (or some such) in your TABLE tag. However, this will not prevent a user from blowing the table by entering 200 consecutive characters without a space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is the problem I was running into. I do have the table width specified, I was hoping there was something more definate that would stop this from happening. working with resolutions is such a pain. How about specifying width in the editor tag? is this possible?

Phoenix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> However, this will not prevent a user from blowing the table by entering 200 consecutive characters without a space.

If this is the issue, check for the presence of spaces before you display your table. You may want to insert one or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try nesting one into the body are of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can use string functions to check the length of consecutive characters. Unless you are in the medical field, the chances of encountering a word with more than about 18 chracters is pretty small. Unless, of course, the input is expected to house URL addresses.

If the input text has a string of text with more than 18 characters, give a message to the user telling them to rephrase their input. Alternatively, you could insert a space programmatically, but that would not prevent bots from entering stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation