Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Set-ups in RoboHelp X5

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My team and I are having difficulties adjusting the frame set-ups in RoboHelp X5. First off, is anyone familiar with RH frame set-ups at all? Our company uses a security software called Siteminder, which requires the user to enter a username and password if they are idle for a certain amount of time. the problem is that the box that pops up with the username/password appears in random parts of the screen, and sometimes the box gets cutoff and the user is unable to input their info. we were told this is a RH frame set-up issue, not a Siteminder issue. We even called RH tech support and they had no answers for us. we were told to post our problem on the online forum, and try to reconfigure the frame set-ups ourselves.

if anyone has ANY info on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Stephanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the RH community. Could you provide us with some more info? The logon/password dialog appears regardless of what window is being displayed provided the user is "idle" for a set time period. The problem you describe ONLY occurs if the active window is your RH output? Is this right? If so, is it webhelp output? Could it be a browser issue? It may also be worth experimenting with the screen resolution and seeing if the same happens. Do come back. There may be someone who frequents this forum with experience of Siteminder. I don't I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the problem only occurs if the active window is the RH output. we publish in WebHelp.
the experts we spoke to assured us that this was a RH frame set-up issue.

Thanks anyway, Colum. Anyone else out there have any experience with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<quote>we were told this is a RH frame set-up issue, not a Siteminder issue.</quote>

Let me take a wild guess who told you that. :-)

I have not seen any Siteminder related posts on this forum so I somehow doubt you will get a response. I have to say my gut feel is that there are sites that use frames so Siteminder should be able to cope with them. Can they not at least fix where the dialog will pop up?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephanie -

It is likely a SiteMinder issue. We, too, use SiteMinder for the same reason(s). As our SM guru is not in for the rest of today, I'll ask him for more info on Monday.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. If you can follow up with your Siteminder guru, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Stephanie -

Ran this by our SM gurus and this was their reply:
"We increased our timeout for all users to avoid this type of problem. We did it at the customer's request."

They also said your problem is likely due to the SiteMinder FCC script. This is a SiteMinder method your admin uses to set up SiteMinder. Our gurus think the message may be placed where ever the user last set focus (clicked) in their browser. This could cause the message to try and open in the navigation pane (for example) which could truncate or cover most of the message. This is just their off-the-cuff impression as they have not solved a similar problem we have with our application!

If you find a solution, please let me know!

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp