Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rh 8 on win 7 design view images upside down

May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really weird.  Moved robohelp to windows 7.  Opened a topic and noticed that my images in design view are backwards.  It is like looking in a mirror.  When I compile and view the topic everything is fine.  This doesnt happen on xp machine.  Any ideas?  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new one on me but running a version of RoboHelp that isn't supported on Windows 7 could be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/12/adobe_robohelp_8_now_supports_windows_7_also.html

I am running RoboHelp on 32bit windows 7, which should be supported.  All images, including the gallery are backwards.  It is happening on both systems that robohelp is installed on.  Since it turns out okay when it is running in the chm, it isn't a show stopper.  But, hard to design.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

current version I'm running is 8.0.2.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating your video drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics drivers are fine.

I really believe when I installed and built out some help changes it was fine.  Must have been a windows update or something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Rh along with the patches?

Have you looked at one of the sample projects to see if they have the same problem? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The samples are doing the same.  Graphics are all mirror affect.  See image below:

20140602_124702.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, I was wondering about that. The thread title read that the images were upside down, but the body of all the threads reads "mirror effect". Those are two completely different things.

I'm thinking you need to get Adobe to look at this. I'd first report it as a bug using the link below.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Also can't help but notice an interesting way to screen capture. Phone camera?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh! Never mind on the bug report. Just remembered you are a few versions behind.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Only way to do it.  I will try to re-install and see if it works.  Also checking to see what updates have been on the system.  Since it really just started to do this a few weeks ago.  Does anybody know what the design view uses to translate the html?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhhh, on the "only way to do it" bit, is that in reference to the screen capture?

If so, what, is this on one of those systems that is secure with no internet capability?

Hopefully the reinstall will help. But personally I'm skeptical it will. I know you disagree, but my gut still smells a driver issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you might be right on the video driver.  Problem is no new drivers.  I installed rh 11 trial and got the same issue with the samples.  So it isn't just a rh 8 issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp