Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFlush only works with Forefox

Jun 24, 2007 Jun 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCFlush works wvery well with Firefox in MX7, but is useless with all the other browsers.

Is there any way round ir?

Thanks
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007
If you don't want to change from your existing table layout then just close the table prior to the cfflush and then start a new one after it - I use this method in a grid cfc I use where it flushes every x records when displaying large lists (ie. thousands of rows) so that the user isn't left staring at a blank grid for ages while it loads.

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2007 Jun 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??
In what way is it useless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry posted late on Sunday night - let me provide a test page linking to XML Web Service, waiting for a response -
http://rightholidays-com.jupiterpreprop.helmcontrolpanel.net/CFFlush_Test.cfm

Without CFFlush, the visitor stays at the Form page and only moves to the next page when the XML response has loaded.

With CFFlush, click on Start Search Button (no need to change any of the fields) and if this is done in Firefox or Opera, CFFlush operates in that the page contents prior to CFFlush are displayed and then the results drop down.

In Internet Explorer 6, Deepnet or Maxthon, the Form page goes straight to the next page, but doesn't display the page contents prior to the CFFlush. I have tried the RepeatString trick but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is because you are using tables! IE does not render a table at all until it has received the closing table tag. Use a tableless layout!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not worth the hours of effort. Is there a way I can leave some text underneath the table, that gets hidden by the table when it appears?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you don't want to change from your existing table layout then just close the table prior to the cfflush and then start a new one after it - I use this method in a grid cfc I use where it flushes every x records when displaying large lists (ie. thousands of rows) so that the user isn't left staring at a blank grid for ages while it loads.

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will still need to use css positioning to do that. The 'hours of effort' will be well worth it. The problem is not with CFFLUSH, the problem is with your HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation