Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allowed disk space for Flash under Windows 8.1

New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I recently switched from WinXP to Win8.1. I use the same browser (Firefox) with the same privacy settings on both. I like to play a Flash game or two every now and then, but since the switch my local saves suddenly randomly disappear. I did some testing - quitting the game, closing the browser, rebooting - but haven't found anything that consistently causes this problem. After a couple of times though, the saves would just be gone.

What I did notice is that on my previous system, the 'allowed disk space' setting in Flash Player for the site was firmly stuck on 'unlimited'. On the new one, it gets reset to 100kb from time to time. There doesn't seem to be any method to this, though, first it got reset within a day; up until today it lasted almost half a week. Long enough to cause me to believe the problem was solved, but sadly...

Anybody experiencing this problem as well? Would it indeed be caused by the disk space allowance? Any idea of what the solution would be?

Cheers,

Deee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deee,

Do you have anything that might be clearing your browser cookies?  Given that your setting is being reset to 100k, I'm wondering if our settings.sol file is being reset (which will occur when browser cookies are cleared.)

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. I double checked to be sure, since I'd already verified the settings on both machines I mentioned were identical. But indeed: cookies are accepted and kept until they expire. I tried finding the settings.sol - I found multiple for each user account - but they don't look like I could easily fix the problem by editing these...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Deee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I'm running Windows 8.1 on a Lenovo P400 Touch IdeaPad, using Firefox as my browser.  With every flash video I'm presented with the question to allow or deny storage access.  I've tried to set it to unlimited, don't ask me again, or somewhere in between.  Nothing works.  For some reason I'm having to tell flash, every time I want it to play, what it's allowed on my system.  The settings just never hold.  My cookies are set never to expire, accept cookies from site, accept 3rd party from visited,  When I close Firefox it automatically clears all cookies, cache, active logins, etc.  I'm already giving more permission than I care 2 when it comes to cookies since there are so many places on the internet that abuse them.  Why can't there be a settings file instead of using a cookie?  It would seem having such a file would certainly, hopefully, take care of this problem.

Thank you!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Flash Player Settings Manager to set the limits permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, tried setting to unlimited and then checking 'don't ask again'. It warns me that should the settings be changed, all stored information is lost. Then the settings changed(/reset) anyway, without me mucking about with the storage size. And like I indicated not (necessarily) immediately, not (necessarily) upon closing my browser and not (necessarily) upon rebooting my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player Settings Manager doesn't have a "don't ask me again" checkbox:

fpsm2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious. I was referring to this one:

dontask.png

The right-click pop-up menu presents me with either this little box (Settings, I guess, in English) or a more elaborate 'Flash Player Settings Manager' with multiple tabs. I have now found the menu you put on display, where the same 'images.jayisgames.com' is set to 'Allow' and is currently at 0 KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100% agree with Deee, including the image of Never Ask Again.  Tried giving more space, tried never ask again, everything the same, and still receiving a window to allow or deny the video to play.  What adds to the frustration is all the video ads websites have been adding.  There's that window in every one of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines