• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to download an e-book from my local library I get an error message - E-adept-timeout- Error getting license-License server communication problem. What is this and how do I correct the problem. My library says there is nothing wrong from their e

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download an e-book from my local library I get an error message - E-adept-timeout- Error getting license-License server communication problem. What is this and how do I correct the problem. My library says there is nothing wrong from their end.Adobe Digital Editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same issue for the past hour. It was fine in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! What is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem as of today, i have try de-authorizing but now i cannot connect to the authorization server either! hopefully this is all fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Was working fine a couple of days ago. It's reassuring to see that it seems to be a problem on their end. Hopefully they'll solve it sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me, too! Nor can I return a book. Could it have anything to do with the date: June 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I have downloaded books from 2 different libraries over the past few weeks and have had no issues.  This evening I've tried to download books from both library systems and I am getting the same error.  Has Adobe mentioned why the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADE but that hasn't helped; I've even created a new Adobe ID and that was also a fruitless venture. I haven't yet tried to unauothorize my device, but I am hesitant to do so as it seems that others have tried and have not succeeded. I am desperately caught in the middle of a series and I would love to have access to the new books that I've been trying to download from my library!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoo, just tried again. Everything works for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having all the same issues, but now I can return, so hoping that since all yours is working again, maybe mine will soon. Just out of curiosity how many of you are on a mac???  Like me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a laptop with Win 7, if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess if you are on a windows based laptop and I am on a mac based laptop, it must not be the operating system........I still cannot download my library books.........very nervous and unhappy. Like someone else said, I am in the middle of a series and book two is available, I've been waiting weeks and now I can't get it.......boo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now!  The June 1 idea is intriguing.  Did anyone get an answer from Adobe about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.....I couldn't download a library book to my ipad. Had the same cryptic error message.  Glad it's fixed, but I wish we'd hear an explanation in case it happens again.  I guess no news means it was something on their end, and, if it happens again, just wait until they fix it. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's fixed. I was seriously worried about my library book addiction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines