• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does code level changes are required for moving to clustering enviroment?

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client wants to move to a ColdFusion clustering environment for better availability and scalability of the site. I know how to setup clusters and instances in the ColdFusion Admin. We should also use J2EE session mgmt for sticky sessions.

But I am not sure of other code level changes required while moving from a single server to clustering environment.

Anyone having any experience please suggest? Or any helpful links that I can prefer?

I have asked the same on SO but did not got any response . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deepak,

When you setup a cluster environment you don't make any change in your Application. For example you do not change the way your Application looks. You just create cluster of ColdFusion instances so that your Application is served by these instances in a cluster.

So as such, there is no code change required.

HTH

Thanks
VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't say that no code changes are required 100% of the time, but in many cases you do not need to make any code changes. It really depends on what assumptions were made when developing the application. For example if you have an in memory cache that needs to be flushed when records are changed, you can't rely on that to work when more than one instance of the application is running without making coding changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation