• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"See Also" Popup Menu - Change Background Color in WebHelp?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 10 for a WebHelp output.  I have read several threads about "See Also" control and "Related Topics" - to try to find my answer. But I still need answers.  (By the way, I've been using RoboHelp in all its glorious versions for many years now.)

I have my See Also control set up with the keywords and button on appropriate pages.  The button is using a BMP of the text "See Also", so an image file for the button.  And all links in the popup menu are working just fine!

Here's my question - since my image file button has a white background (not the default gray background), I would like the See Also popup menu to also have a framed white background, not gray.  The HTML Help (CHM) generated with these See Also controls IS showing with framed white background for list - BUT the WebHelp is NOT showing it.

Is there any change I can make to the object code of the See Also control that will force the popup menu list background to be white, or even a very light blue??

I see a BackColor parameter name, but I'm not sure whether that applies to the button itself or the popup menu.  I'm guess it's for the button.

Any ideas?  (Looks so beautiful in my CHM.)

Thanks so much!

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that, but it's not for the faint of heart.

In your output, go to ehlpdhtm.js.

Find the function _WritePopupMenuLayer() (line 386 in RH11).

In that function styling is written for .PopupOver and .PopupNotOver.

Change that styling to change the popup styling.

Also, find the function PopupMenuInvoke_2. That holds the border color

for the table in which the list is presented.

Kind regards,

Willlam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much, Willam!! I will check out the ehlpdhtm.js settings you mentioned.

Susan Tabnik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked - YAY. There were 4 places in the Popup Menu Code section where I changed the HTML color code.  So now it looks like this:

SeeAlso_BackgroundChanged.jpg

So now the button has the image BMP that I put together, plus the new popup menu background.  I am happy!

Thanks so much

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!!

After all was in place for my See Also button (see above description), with the changed ehlpdhtm.js for the background color of the popup menu - the WebHelp used within our actual web application is getting an error when I click the See Also button.

The Help is launched into a new IE instance and appearing on a new tab of the browser.

Error-ehlpdhtm.jpg

Please help - I really want to use this See Also feature.

Thanks,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam - As you see from my replies here, I thought I had it all working.  But see the error I posted below, from when I clicked the See Also button from the WebHelp integrating with the web application.  I had changed the ehlpdhtm.js for a different background color, and all seemed to be fine until the help was integrated into the system and launched from there.

Any ideas??  I'm desperate!

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best to do is to remove the changed ehlpdhtm.js and start anew. The functions I pointed to earlier are the ones you need. Short of changing it for you and debugging myself, there's not much I can do.

If you like, I offer consultancy for these kinds of issues. Please contact me at contact [at] wvanweelden.eu.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your reply here, Willam.

The problem I’m having currently is with our integrated web application not working the button behavior. One of the developers knows what the problem is, related to IE 10 and the application. Actually my See Also button works fine if I launch it with IE 10 – just not going through our application. So, unfortunately, my beloved button will need to await this change from developers.

I appreciate your expertise here, and for other areas you’ve helped us all out with stuff.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp