3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 11:29 AM by Laubender

Conditional Text in Table - Problems with row height adjustment

LeelooMinai

Hey there,

I’m german but I try to express my problem in english as good as I can. Not always easy with the different menu names. Hope you get what I want to say! :-)

As you can see in my attached screenshot, I placed text in a table.

Text height is set to: minimum 1,5 … so it adjusts to the amount of text.

This is what I want - it should adjust the height to the marked/aktivated conditional text.

It always adjusts the hight when I blind out the first line oder lines in between (e.g. line 2+3 of 4).

But if I want to blind out the last line(s), there is a ¶ at the end and a extra blank line with the #.

I know, the # stands for the following hidden Text, but why does it work with the red/green text.

There is also text hidden (green), but the mark # is right after the last word - not in a new line.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_conditional_text.png

• 1. Re: Conditional Text in Table - Problems with row height adjustment
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's ok so far. A paragraph sign at the end of a text forces a new line.

To change that do the following:

For every condition you need another condition just for the paragraph sign that comes immediately after the condition. Not after every paragraph of one condition, but at the end of every consecutive numbers of paragraphs of the same condition.

So in your third example you'll need two conditions more:

1. One for the paragraph sign at the end of condition "meaasurements"

2. One for the paragraph sign at the end of condition "price 2"

Whenever you make the other conditions invisible, you also have to turn off the new conditions that only control the paragraph signs.

See the following screenshots:

Conditions1.png

Conditions2.png

Conditions3.png

Conditions4.png

Uwe

• 2. Re: Conditional Text in Table - Problems with row height adjustment
            LeelooMinai Level 1

Uwe hört sich Deutsch an! :-) Dann antworte ich mal auf Deutsch.

DANKESCHÖN! Ich glaube das ist die beste Lösung.

Ich hatte auch noch den Lösungsweg über ein zusätzliches Absatzformat:

Neues Absatzformat mit dem Namen „Preis1“ (Größe 0,1 pt/Zeilenabstand 0)
            Neues Absatzformat + Condition „Preis1“ zuweisen, fertig.
            Wenn man jetzt die Bedingung ausblendet steht der Tabellenrahmen an der Grundlinie des Textes weil der Absatz danach nicht sichtbar ist.

Aber ich glaube DEINE Version ist mir lieber, weil man sie durch die bunten Markierungen offensichtlicher sieht.
            In meiner Version ist die Markierung ja sozusagen unsichtbar.

Arbeitest Du öfters mit Bedingtem Text? Und auch mal komplizierter/verschachtelter?
            Wenn ja, hättest Du Beispiele für mich (vielleicht als idml zum nachvollziehen)?
            Im Netz finde ich nur „Anfänger-Beispiele“, aber ich glaube man kann da schon einiges findiger damit arbeiten.

HERZLICHEN DANK nochmal für Deine Hilfe!

• 3. Re: Conditional Text in Table - Problems with row height adjustment
              Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi, yes, I'm from Germany…

You are asking, if I do a lot of work with conditional texts. In fact, no. So, I cannot contribute further example files.
              The solution above came to my mind immediately after seeing the problem. It took a while to set it up.

Well, your issue is solved by a workaround, but I think we still can have a feature request (FR) here:

FR: A control that would suppress paragraph signs or line ending signs (or: all white space!) at the very end of all texts visible when working with conditions.

Would be a boon for table construction.

Of course also for automatic fitting of text frames (CS6 and above) to a visible text.

Uwe