• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am unable to install adobe digital edition 3 on windows 8. It does not open and gives an error message. Please help.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and installed adobe digital edition 3 in my windows 8 laptop. But it fails to open. I get an error message saying "adobe digital edition has stopped working. A problem caused the problem to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". I have downloaded the set up file from the adobe site from the link http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.exe. Can anyone help. I have bought online books and I am unable to read them unless this is installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kishore,

Which OS are you using?

There are some solutions mentioned on this thread that might be helpful to you :Re: adobe digital editions has stopped working

You might also want to check the KB : Installing Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 in Windows Vista

Regards,

Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rave,

Thanx. Windows 8.1 pro. I will try to search the soluton in the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried all that was suggested in the links provided. But the thing just does  ot work. However I have dowloaded a window application eBook de Reader and it is permitting me to read the books. However I find it really surprising that a company like Adobe does not adress the problems with  upgrades for windows. Thank for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines