• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted WinHelp to HTML Help and context-sensitive topics aren't working.

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2007 Jun 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converted WinHelp to HTML Help and context-sensitive topics aren't working. Anyone run across this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2007 Jun 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tbgilby. Has the application call being changed? CHM files require a different API syntax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2007 Jun 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2007 Jun 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a new .H file (or .HH, or .HM -- the map file) generated by you or the developer?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to import the old hh files. I also tried recreating new hh files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is happening. Could the application be referencing the wrong mapid. Use the BugHunter feature in RH to see what is happening. You'll find the messages it issues in the Output View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Context-sensitive help works with application when using .hlp but after conversion to .chm, no context-sensitive help is working.

Able to access .chm from within application...meaning help is launched from within app but context-sensitive help topics don't display and the error "No Help topic is associated with this item" is displayed.

.ali, .hhp, .hh, .hm files all appear correct..context help id path can be traced throughout the files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi z123_tylerc. This sounds like you are still using RH for Word. Is this the case? CHM files are best generated by using Robohelp HTML and the map files you use should be generated there. As such there is no such thing as a .ALI file anymore. If you open your old winhelp project in RH HTML you should find that all your map files are converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am a developer and we have big project that needs to be converted from winhelp to HTML help. I received only the .CHM help file from the help auther. I added the HTMLhelp.lib file and HTMLhelp.h file in to my project. I tried to change atleast one page of the dialog. I added on helpinfo function htmlhelp function call and hard coded the .chm file path and for the right click I as well did the same thing. But I am getting "No Help topic is associated with this item" upon F1 key and crash after the right click with wincore.cpp error.

The code is as below.
BOOL CCnvCfgGenNRecPage::OnHelpInfo(HELPINFO* pHelpInfo)
{
// TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
if (pHelpInfo->iContextType == HELPINFO_WINDOW)
{
int nCtrlId = pHelpInfo->iCtrlId;
DWORD dwContextId = pHelpInfo->dwContextId;
//THE NEW HTMLFUNCTION CALL
::HtmlHelp((HWND)pHelpInfo->hItemHandle,
"D:\\vista_setup\\Patmob\\PatMob.chm",
HH_TP_HELP_WM_HELP,
(DWORD)&IDARRAY(nCtrlId, dwContextId)) ;
/******************************************************************* THE OLD CODE
::WinHelp ((HWND)pHelpInfo->hItemHandle,
AfxGetApp()->m_pszHelpFilePath,
HELP_WM_HELP,
// HELP_WM_HELP flag brings up pop-up help and expects an array
// of DWORD pairs of the control ID and the context help ID
(DWORD)&IDARRAY(nCtrlId, dwContextId));
*****************************************/
}
return TRUE;
}

DO I NEED ANY OTHER FILE? Should I checked out the dialog h file and .hm file which compling the html related code?

Regards,
Kreena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp