• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Adobe Flash for SWF file...keeps opening Install Manager instead.

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to open a SWF file made from InDesign (interactive PDF). And when I click on it, Adobe Flash Install Manager keeps popping up with an uninstall manager. I've re-downloaded it three times, re-installed it 3 times. It's just not working. Any suggestions?

I'm on a Macbook Pro if it matters.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To view a local SWF you will need the standalone player (Projector) from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean Adobe Flash Player correct (as seen in the link)? I've installed it from there but it doesn't seem to work. The same problem keeps happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like your file association for .swf files is broken.  Sorry, I have no idea how to change that on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines