Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing RoboHelp File Association

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS5 | Windows 8.1

My laptop's been rebuilt, so I've installed TCS5 and then re-installed TCS4. However, because I've done it in this order RoboHelp projects are defaulting to RH10 when opened, as opposed to RH11. I've tried changing the association through the usual "Open with" option, but it doesn't make any difference. Is there a way I can force projects to open in RH11 by default without having to uninstall everything and starting again?

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the “open with” file association to RH11 should have fixed it – how did you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-clicked the .XPJ, selected Open with..., clicked More options, scrolled to the bottom of the popup window and selected Look for another app on this PC, and then browsed for the Robohelp 11 .EXE. I think what's confusing it is that the both the RH10 and RH11 .EXEs are called RoboHTML.exe, but just in different folders. It's like it isn't recognising the subtle folder difference, e.g. between C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe and C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Win7 that would work as there’s a “Choose default program…” option – Win8 you may have to go through the Control Panel settings for Default Programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, tried that and just the same. Also, tried associating a completely different product, restarting my laptop, and selecting RH11, but still no joy - just goes back to RH10. Something's screwed somewhere. May have to resort to removing RH10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp