• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording H.264 Live Stream on the Server

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen several questions which were close to what I am looking for, but haven't found an answer that worked. I work at a school, and we use a NewTek TriCaster to stream live events through FMS 3.5, which I am hoping to upgrade to AMS 5 to allow HLS. We have been streaming a single H.264 encoded feed through the server as a live stream which works well. They have recently asked if it is possible to archive that recording on the server. I was able to get everything to work correctly when I switched to using the VP6 codec, but as long as we were streaming with H.264, I could not get the server to record it correctly. Here's what I have tried:

This code works for the VP6, but the H.264 doesn't record the video:

application.onPublish = function (clientObj, streamObj)

{

var s = new Stream("archive");

s.record();

s.play(streamObj.name);

}

This worked and created an flv file, but caused a few other issues due to the encoding of the VP6 and having to re-encode the video to H.264 before putting the file online.

Based on suggestions I was reading, I tried this with the H.264 stream:

application.onPublish = function (clientObj, streamObj)

{

var s = new Stream("mp4:archive.f4v");

s.record();

s.play(streamObj.name);

}

This created an f4v file, but I could not play it. When I tried to open it in Adobe Media Encoder, it gave an error that it did not support the compression type.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines