Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player is not working on my mac.

Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my flash player to 13, but I had trouble playing youtube videos or any kind of mp3. So I uninstalled the flash player restarted my mac then installed the flash player 12 then I went on youtube again to see if the videos worked but I got the problem it would say "The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback Get the latest flash player". So I did I installed the upgrade once it finished downloading I restarted my computer, went on youtube to test it out, but I still had the same problem it won't play the videos. PLEASE HELP ME!!!. Plus the strange thing is that when I login as a guest on my mac & go on youtube it would play those videos even on hulu, Crackle ETC. please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Hi,

I create an account just to answer to you, cause I got the same pb I I found the answer...

You just have to go to :

Safari -> Preferences... -> Security -> Allow plug ins

And check if adobe plug in is on "Allow"

That work for me.

++

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nice day! Maybe sth wrong with your network support? Could you access other website normally, sth like facebook, twitter etc?

By the way, you said that "when I login as a guest on my mac & go on youtube it would play those videos even on hulu, Crackle ETC", this condition maybe the network accelerator went wrong, I suggested that you have to check your accelerator.

If anything I can do for you, that is my great pleasure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah everything works well on Facebook, twitter etc. The only problems are that I can't get access to playing youtube videos any kind of mp3. If I go to sound cloud there are some songs I could listen too but some of them I can't play because it will tell me the something "The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback Get the latest flash player". But where could I check my network accelerator on my mac osx 10.9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I encountered sth like that, I prefer to check the network of my Mac, for example, in my country, I do use the VPN to support the operation of accessing, what I use is just a VPN, not just like you have a foreign IP. U do not use a VPN, right?

But if the IP is ok, you can try downloading Flash player again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know much about VPN; I usually use my own IP Address to access the internet. I've uninstalled my flash player then installed it back again, but version 12. I still couldn't play any videos then upgraded to 13 then and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How about with your condition now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I create an account just to answer to you, cause I got the same pb I I found the answer...

You just have to go to :

Safari -> Preferences... -> Security -> Allow plug ins

And check if adobe plug in is on "Allow"

That work for me.

++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!. Yeah I fixed it a while back thats what the problem I needed to get on safari then preferences allow the plug ins; Then manage website settings then click "always allow". Thank you I truly appraciate the time you guys gave too solve my answer. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into Safari and there is no flash plug in on the list. iMac 10.9.3 will not finish the flash download. Cant view videos in Facebook or on websites where youtube videos are embedded. I can watch youtube videos. Safari extension website doesn't even have adobe flash plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 3.44.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 3.46.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 18 for Mac is 'broken' in both Safari and Firefox.  None of the above has corrected the problem for me.

On the Weather Channel, trying to play a video results in the screen showing "Error: Decode Error."

Anyone know how to completely remove Flash Player 18 and how to find/download an earlier version?!?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Flash Player 18 - doesn't work with Firefox, Safari, or Opera.
I did an uninstall of all versions of Flash Player: Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

I reinstalled 13 (released July 8) from this site: Archived Flash Player versions

but I still cannot open anything on the Shomi channel. Youtube is just fine.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the most recent Mac OSX update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allavsoft can download Twitter video its original video format or directly download video from Twitter to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPG, MP3 etc.You can find it at http://www.allavsoft.com/how-to/download-twitter-video-on-mac-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines