Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboOffice trying to launch on opening RoboHelp

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
When I open RoboHelp, a RoboOffice Windows installer dialog box has suddenly started opening aswell. It gives a message that the feature I'm trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available, to insert RoboHelp office disk & click OK.
If I just click OK (different OK option to the 1 above), it tells me the path cannot be found & to try & find the installation package 'RoboHelp Office.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product RoboHelp Office.
This dialog box opens & closes about 3 times before I can keep it closed permanently & then RoboHelp, which is in the background, loads as normal.
It finally generates an error message 1706, stating no valid source could be found for product RoboHelp Office. Windows Installer cannot continue.
My questions are:

1) What does RoboOffice do?
2) What impact, if any is this going to have on my RoboHelp files & generated help? At the moment, my files r generating as normal & all look ok, but I just want to make sure this isn't going to have any impact on what is generated.

3) I am not trying to open RoboOffice, so why is it suddenly doing this? Do I have to reload RoboHelp Office.msi to stop this happening?

Many thanks for any answers/ideas anyone may have!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed your version of Microsoft Office?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, but there might have been some network changes - I think they dropped using a virus scanning tool & have reverted to using another one. Could this have caused problems with RoboHelp Office?
In Add Remove Programs, I have checked & RoboHelp Office X5 is showing with no size details, so I'm assuming for some reason it seems to have disappeared entirely...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Virus checkers often get blamed unfairly but sometimes they are the cause. I wonder if your profile has been changed? Ask your IT people.

Whatever the answer, I would uninstall and reinstall. Don't forget it has to be done with your logon and with admin rights attached.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp