Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Map Dialog Performance

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am experiencing very slow performance with the Image Map dialog in RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2. When I right click on an image and use the Insert Image Map (rectangle), it takes over a minute for the Image Map dialog to open. Any suggestions? I've already tried suggestion of deleting of the .cpd, .xpj for slow performance issues.

Thanks,
Myles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 13, 2007 Jun 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working the project on a network (shared drive, virtual network, etc.)? Don't. Or is your IT group playing games with cheapo anti-virus software?

One of the projects in our 42-project merged WebHelp runs at 20MB with nearly 400 .htm, .jpg, gif. and .pdf files; image map creation is nearly instantaneous.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. No, I'm not working across the network. This issue also occurs with the Hyperlink dialog. Anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks,
Myles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, this is the first time I've seen this issue come up in the forum, so I'd have to lean towards a system slowdown at your end (usually caused by your IT group).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
(By the way, welcome to the forum)

When you select an image and then Insert Image Map/shape, the cursor should instantly turn into crosshairs -- but you won't see them until you hover the cursor over the image.

When you draw the image map, RH has to open the hyperlink dialog. I have seen this take awhile when the topic directory folder structure is complex, and/or the project has many topics. RH has to compile the list before it can let you do the next step.

Is there something going on in the background that might eat up processing time when RH is compiling the topic list?

Another slowdown in compiling the topic list here (and in other tasks) can be caused by filenames with spaces or special characters. Windows doesn't mind, and IE may not complain, but RH and many other HTML application choke on nonstandard file names. Standard means, to me, using alphanumerics and occasionally a - hyphen - or _underscore_ . A double.dot.htm file name is especially troublesome in this regard.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp