Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Font Won't Apply in Bulleted Lists

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all...

Minor problem that I've been "working-around" for a long time now, but this AM, it just finally hit me to try to search out a solution.  I'm currently using FM 11 (in Windows 7), but this has been an issue as far back as FM 7.

In a Bulleted List-type paragraph style, if I apply a Character Style to it, it seems to be "stuck" with that style -- Attempts to highlight it and set it back to the "Default (Paragraph Symbol) Font" Character Style don't work.  My work around has been to:

1. Highlight the offending text.
  2. Select the "Default (Paragraph Symbol) Font" Character Style (even though nothing is applied).
  3. Select a new Paragraph Style (any one).
  4. Re-select the appropriate Paragraph Style.

This resets the Character Style to the Default Font, but it's kind of a pain.

Any ideas on why this is the case?

Thanks a lot,

- Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

When applying a character tag, if you also include the end-of-paragraph mark (the pilcrow symbol "¶"), then FM will modify the paragraph tag to include the new character formats as a paragraph override. If you then have the (bulleted) paratag defined without the "Nxt Pgf Tag" selected with the name of the current tag (i.e. bulleted), then FM will continue to apply the paratag with the overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When applying a character tag, if you also include the end-of-paragraph mark (the pilcrow symbol "¶"), then FM will modify the paragraph tag to include the new character formats as a paragraph override. If you then have the (bulleted) paratag defined without the "Nxt Pgf Tag" selected with the name of the current tag (i.e. bulleted), then FM will continue to apply the paratag with the overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Succinctly stated, Arnis :-} Can't remember what the special case was, but a while back I had a document where I left a space at the end of each {special case} bullet just to make life easier …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niels... I've now been doing the same thing as well (and just highlight the text prior to the space and apply the character style).  While this works, it too is a bit tedious.  I guess in the "age of self-entitlement" we seem to live in, I just wanted Frame to work "the way I want it to work".  Heh heh heh.  Thanks Arnis for the quick reply on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I've had to do this {enough} times for the same information, I give in and create a new style :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines