• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics displaying with a red x

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH version 6 and have opened my working files to find several topics with red x's in them. However, when I look at the published files they are available and working. I cannot find these topics to make updates...have I lost them for good?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I just experienced this same scenario.. I hope someone can please assist on this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the files with the red X's are in the TOC section, not in Proj mgr.. This is in RH6 html. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

The red Xs are in Project Manager? Have you renamed the topics using Windows Explorer or moved them that way?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the topics also missing in the Project Manager view?

Could they be topics that were deleted in RH but where you clicked No to removing the references to them? Do they also show in Broken LInks?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

No we only worked with the TOC folder, and thats where we saw all the red x's on the documents.. Once we saw that, we did not proceed. At my office, we are running the RH 6 client version, and its housed on a server. We are wondering now if there could be a problem with two people running RH, but at seperate times.. One person @ 2pm generate/publish, then at 4pm the other person brought up RH and ran another generate/publish since more documents were updated during that two hour time window. Would this have caused the documents to have the red x's like they were ready to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CaywoodM. RH should never by run on a server or a network drive unless you want lots of very nasty and annoying problems to surface - inlcuding potentially corrupted files. By all means back up files to a server by due to RH's underlying Access DB you should run RH on a hard drive. Move your source files onto a hard drive and see if the problem disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the post as RH is installed on the server. If that is the case it is a breach of the licence but more fundamentally, it won't work!

It must be installed on the user's PC using the licensed user's logon with admin rights.

I think your scenario is that two people use the application at different times, correct?

If so you could create a RH logon that you share at different times. I am not sure how that fits licence wise but that's your call.

Also as Colum points out, the projects must also be on a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ok sorry for the confusion but let me try to clear up all this. RH6 client versions are installed on 4 machines at my location, each licensed. . The data is generated/published is on a file share server. The program is typically run by one person, but if that person is busy, the other one will bring up the program and generate/publish as needed.
Thanks
Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
RH might not be installed on a server, but:

RH on a local machine +
Working on a project on a shared drive =
Nothing but heartache!

Whoever is going to work on the project should MOVE the project to their machine, and then back again, thereby precluding anyone else making changes at the same time (kind of a poor man's source control method).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp