Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i set a page as a template page?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried copying the HTML coding from my page to a template page, but this isn't working.

Why is this not working and how can i fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can not just copy html to a template page. A template requires {tag_pagecontent} to run as a template, this renders layouts, page content etc.

Some info in the documentation for you here:http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/using/control-sites-look-feel.html#id_1911

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Where would the {tag_pagecontent} have to appear in the html? The information in the link doesn't really tell me.

I created my template in Muse, but i'd like to set templates for my system pages, which i can't edit in Muse.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where your main content area will be. That is up to you in terms of the build.

If you built a template in Muse that is slightly different, Probably already set up, I dont touch Muse so I am not to sure how it works fully.

If you have a template though and you want to apply it to pages you need to log into your BC website, go to a web page and set the template to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Muse, create a new page based on your master page (or whatever master settings you want to use for the template). In Plan mode, right click on the new page you just created and select Menu Options > Exclude Page From Menus. Double click on the page to bring it up in Design mode.

Now you should have a page with your master header, menu items and footer. The content area between header and footer is where you will have new content. From the top menu, select Object > Insert HTML.... In the pop up window, enter the BC tag like this {tag_pagecontent}. This will place an HTML object on your page, drag/resize the object to fill the area where you will want your new content. Make sure to resize the HTML object so that it goes all the way to the bottom of your page.

Save your project and upload the new page to your BC site. In BC create a new template based on this new page. If it is to be used for the full site, select the option to make the page the default template.

That should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines