Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrate Google Calendar API with Business Catalyst

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I don't think this can be done but thought I'd ask here before throwing in the towel.

I have a client website that uses an embedded Google Calendar. Uses iframe, works great, no issues.

The client (a school) would like to display a list of upcoming events for the year (term dates, holidays, important events, etc), using info from the Google Calendar (which we input in the Google Apps end).

I've looked at the "Agenda View" (Change calendar views - Calendar Help) but it is too inflexible to accomplish what I'm wanting. I've also tried FullCalendar (FullCalendar - Full-sized Calendar jQuery Plugin) and this also insufficient for what we're trying to do. I've also looked into is parsing the Google Calendar RSS feed as a list of events, but I believe I need access to server-side code for this.

I'm sure the Google Calendar API will enable me to do everything I want but my understanding is that it relies on being able to access server-side code which of course isn't possible with BC.

Has anyone found any way to integrate the Google Calendar API, or have any workarounds, suggestions, etc, that I haven't already covered?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Luke

TOPICS
3rd party integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Credit goes to Mario for this post here: Display an external RSS feed in BC? which ended up providing the solution to my problem.

You can display public Google Calendar info via RSS by going to Settings > Shared: Edit Settings (under the Sharing column) > Calendar Details tab > Calendar Address (click on the XML icon)

This will provide a feed address which can then be displayed using zRSSFeed as per Mario's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update to this:

Google has now deprecated the XML feed for calendars as per this article.

That means that zRSSFeed (or any other XML parsers) are no longer a solution for Google Calendar > BC integration.

Back to the original question: Google Calendar API with BC anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines