• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible Virus, duped copy of Flash Player?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was browsing on www.imgur.com the browser window went white and a small window popped up telling me that I needed to update my flash player. There was no way to close the window, and whether I close the pop up or click on update it takes me to the following page:

To prewarn you, when you open this link a file called setup.exe will automatically download

http://downloads.stazva.com/FPlayer/UK/auload.html?installer=Flash_Player_13_for_Other_Browsers&brow...

Clearly this website is intended to look like your own install site, and has the link to McAfee security too, but I don't believe this is the official Adobe flash player. While it says I can check the adobe terms and conditions once again clicking this downloads setup.exe

I ran Kaspersky antivirus and it found a number of problem files, though had no issue with the setup.exe file itself.

Can anyone help me as to whether I'm being too suspicious, or affirm my fears that this is some kind of virus?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could also only find one other website that listed this page here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1533076-Google-chrome-problem-virus?p=27549482

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not download Flash Player updates from anywhere else than adobe.com or macromedia.com websites!  Check your system for malware.

Here are some useful direct download links:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines