• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looks like a bug in RoboHelpX6 - CSS

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in RoboHelpX6 on some CSS - Initially I updated an existing CSS, and changed the font that was being used. Was using Tahoma and changed it to Verdana, when I did this the CSS lost the word wrap. I then went and created a new CSS from scratch, stated it out with Tahoma like the first one, everything worked fine. Went in and changed the font to Verdana and again lost the word wrapping!!!

Any reports on this yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp x5 rewrote CSS as well. I'm pretty sure they think it's a feature.

The workaround I developed involves authoring/editing the .css files outside RH, keeping them under version control, and reverting them whenever RH tries to change them, plus copying clean .css files over the rewritten ones after projects have been generated.

Note that for every stylesheet fname.css you have, RH will create a supposed "Netscape" version of the stylesheet called fname_ns.css. Again, I'm pretty sure they think this is a feature. Unless you like the way the _ns.css version looks on Netscape/Firefox/whatever, you will want to copy your clean fname.css over fname_ns.css as well.

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for starters, there is no version of RoboHelp labeled "X6". Many call it that, but it's actually just "6".

Sorry, I have nothing to add regarding the font stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand correctly that you are editing within the css file, outside of RoboHelp?

Or did you change something in RoboHelp and then open the css file to look at it?

What tool are you using to view (and edit?) the css file?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
All work is being done inside of RH. I created the CSS in RH and am viewing the HTML files that I applied it to in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp