• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU and Memory consumption while marking on ADE 3.0.86137

Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone:

While I'm reading with ADE  I like to mark important things with simple marking (one Ctrl-M) and very important important things with double marking (two Ctrl-M), both of these operations consume too much cpu on my PC, the application becomes unresponsive for even 10 seconds, and I have to wait to continue reading.

I've observed that this behavior happen on books with many marks and it doesn't happen on books with only a few marks or none at all.

During these kind of events the ADE process increases its memory consumption (from 110MB to 174MB for example) and after a while (1-3 minutes)  the memory consumption returns to their original level.

The behavior is the same if I run ADE under Win XP or Win Vista, I don't see too much disk access and my PC has a Intel Core i3 processor so I don't think I have problems because the processor.

Is there any configuration or fix I can apply?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally, the only solution I found was to have different *.annot files (located at the My Digital Editions\Annotations directory). For instance, I have a MyBook.annot.Chapter1-6 file and another one called MyBook.annot.Chapter6-10, and when I need to see the chapter 3, I rename the MyBook.annot.Chapter1-6 to MyBook.annot.

To continue reading and marking I have to do the reverse operation returning to the original MyBook.annot file.

That's the worst solution I've ever implemented but it works: With many small annot files I'm able to continue marking my books without stopping too much neither consuming too much cpu and memory.

I hope Adobe correct this because is annoying to be stopped while reading because this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines