Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing focus - window issues and .chm

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions:

1) When choosing any mailto: or website link from a .chm, a new window opens, as expected, but the TOC changes to "hidden." When click anywhere in the Help window, the TOC shows. Going back and forth from the message window/website and the help file, you will see the behavior. Our QA flagged this as a potential issue.

Is this the expected behavior? Or, is there a setting to prevent it from hiding? (I would like the Contents, Search, and Index tabs to show when the .chm is first opened.) However, I don't see the purpose of the Show/Hide being activated when changing focus.

2) After opening a message window or web page from a .chm, the Help window remains on top of the message window/web page. The message window is indeed active for composing (is in focus), but it is often necessary to reposition the help window (which is annoyingly still on top of the new window) to be able to compose--same with being able to see the full web page.

Again, is this expected? Is there a setting for having true focus -- not always having the .chm stay on top but go behind when you change focus to compose a message or view a web page that you have initiated from the .chm?

Thank you very much for any tips you can suggest.

-- Anne Jackson
Sr. Technical Writer, SunGard
Ann Arbor, MI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anne,

There is a setting for a window to be "top-most." I may not be able to tell you how to get there in RH as I use an old version. In the project settings, window definitions, find properties/advanced/extended styles and be sure Top-most window is deselected.

If you can't find it in RH, you can add 2 (hex) to the NavPaneStyle parameter in the window definition in your .hhp file

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try this.

Any thoughts on not having the Show/Hide activitated when you change focus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm not real clear on this behaviour you are seeing. Is the nav pane closing in the same window? Sounds to me like the show/hide switching is because you are viewing two windows, one with a nav pane and one without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp