• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping CSS styles to Word styles

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to produce some printed documentation from my online help. My objective is to take advantage of the paginate protection in Word so my headings don't get split from the paragraph that follows it. I thought that, if I were to create a Word .dot template that contained paginate protection in all its Heading styles, I could then map the Heading styles in my .css file to the corresponding Heading styles in the .dot template. That would ensure my document was paginate protected.

Unfortunately, in the final screen in the Print Documentation "wizard", the styles list doesn't contain any Heading styles. I notice that the list is called a "Non-Heading Styles" list. Is that because a user is not allowed to map any heading styles? If so, how do I protect my text from paginating after a heading?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have applied those settings to Heading 1, 2 etc in your template, then the fact that RH will map to them automatically means those settings will apply.

If your styles are not true Heading styles but ones that you have named that way, then the only solution would be a find and replace after creating the document.

Setting up the Heading styles is the best way.

I often find that people have problems with their own templates even though there is nothing wrong with them. If you do hit problems, you might want to adapt the supplied Style Mapping template to suit.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Other thing to be wary of is the 'maintain heading levels' tick box when you set up the print SSL.

The best way I've found of doing this (couresy of Peter's website)is to ensure 'maintain heading levels' is not checked, then go to the second screen of the Print SSL wizard and use the arrows to put all books in the hierarchy back to root level (level 1). All topics can then be left at level 2.

This should result in all books being set to heading 1 in the printed output, topic titles being set to heading 2 and subdivisions within topics being set to heading 3.

This means you can set up a Word template with your preferred sytles for heading 1, heading 2 and heading 3 and get consistent results when you apply it.

There may be other (and better) ways of doing it, but it's my 'least effort' way of getting reasonable looking printed output without the need for much tidying up in Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp