• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change code tab width preference

Explorer ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CF Builder 3, and for the life of me I can't find how to change the tab width in the code formatter. It is defaulted to 4 spaces wide, but I prefer 2 spaces. And I use tabs, not spaces, for indentation. In the preferences I found 2 or 3 different places where I could change the tab display width, but none of those changes fixed the displayed tab width in .cfms and .cfcs. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jake,

You're right.  Both the general editor settings and the custom profile for CFM editing do not appear to respect the tab size setting.  Could you file a bug with Adobe?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I will file a bug. Thanks for verifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed a bug. You can comment and/or vote on the bug here: Bug#3760370 - Tab Size preference is ignored

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be fixed; can someone mark it as fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marked as fixed and closed now.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to change my tab width, but now every CFM page I open stays at the old tab width (4 spaces). I have to open preferences and apply the tab width for every file that I open. Is it just me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I changed the tab width to "2" on a file, closed that file, re-opened it, and now the tab width is back to 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I'm seeing the same (mis)behavior.  Anit Kumar Panda can you reopen that bug please?  I added a comment summarizing the findings of Jake and myself, and provided a link to this forum thread.

Thanks,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, let me check this and revert to you.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ram Kulkarni responded to my comment on the bug ticket.  The fix for the tab spacing issue was not included in the update that was released recently, and will be in a future update.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation